Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up 3d expert required.

Martyn

Our new reels arrived today, delivered to totally the wrong address but fortunately my Son managed to retrieve them. Unfortunately, fussy little git that he is, he wants the water feed on the other side, anybody know how to do this?

Our new reels arrived today, delivered to totally the wrong address but fortunately my Son managed to retrieve them. Unfortunately, fussy little git that he is, he wants the water feed on the other side, anybody know how to do this?
I don't own one but i can imagine it's a case of stripping it down and changing around the manifold to change around the inlet sides if at all possible

The big problem is wether it's at all possible because of the emergency winding handle key way and pulley system 

Your best bet is the call waterworks directly and ask them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling you can rotate the unit, swap the front & rear plate and connect battery wires other way round - NOTE you then need additional fuse in black wire as it would be connected to +ve battery! BEFORE you do this check with supplier as they could have added a controller that would go bang if battery connections reversed.

I have a feeling you can rotate the unit, swap the front & rear plate and connect battery wires other way round - NOTE you then need additional fuse in black wire as it would be connected to +ve battery! BEFORE you do this check with supplier as they could have added a controller that would go bang if battery connections reversed.
I'm coming to that conclusion, cheers!

AE mackintosh, had this on one of his recent videos, swapping terminals, as uses reel on other side. Don't know which video exactly tho.

You can order them paired don’t know if it can be altered after , give Jordan or Emma a ring and ask they are very helpful. 

That guy is a total plonker , hasn’t got a clue the hose should go on the top of the reel not the bottom , also he was putting a twist on the hose whilst winding it on this will cause no end of issues I personally wouldn’t give him any credit for this video at all he hasn’t got a clue . 
I think all YouTube experts need to be taken with a measure of caution.

I think all YouTube experts need to be taken with a measure of caution.
If you are going to put something like this in the Internet you should at least get it right , he has made himself look a total fool and anyone with an ounce of sense would not listen to anything he says in future . 

That guy is a total plonker , hasn’t got a clue the hose should go on the top of the reel not the bottom , also he was putting a twist on the hose whilst winding it on this will cause no end of issues I personally wouldn’t give him any credit for this video at all he hasn’t got a clue . 
He also didn't put a fuse in the +ve wire to the battery as the factory fitted fuse was moved to -ve terminal to reverse direction!!!!!

Thats not the video I had seen, it's in another video he explains what he does n explains about putting fuse in right position. Saw the video fairly recently  it wasn't solely about the reel.

If you watched the rest of the video you would see that he swaps the terminals on the motor so it runs in the opposite direction to feed the hose on top of the reel as it’s supposed to. Plonker.

If you watched the rest of the video you would see that he swaps the terminals on the motor so it runs in the opposite direction to feed the hose on top of the reel as it’s supposed to. Plonker.
I believe that is what the manufacturer told him to do!!! They failed to mention that he needed a fuse in battery +ve connection thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that is what the manufacturer told him to do!!! They failed to mention that he needed a fuse in battery +ve connection thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It really doesn't matter if you fuse the positive or negative. They will both blow a fuse upon excessive current draw. I also fuse both conductors when installing VSR's 

It really doesn't matter if you fuse the positive or negative. They will both blow a fuse upon excessive current draw. I also fuse both conductors when installing VSR's 
We always fuse the wire coming from the positive terminal. If he swaps the wires around so the positive feed now becomes a black wire, it still needs to be fused.

Imho there is no point in fusing the negative side as a short on that wire isn't going to create an issue. However, I have seen a few instances where both negative and positive were fused.. There were electronic slam locks fitted to my son's van and the circuitry to that gizmo had fuses fitted to both the positive and negative wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from if the -ve wire shorts to chassis then there is no protection for the +ve wire! As you say safest for fuses in both cables.

If he is so smart he would have done that before putting 100 meters of hose on the reel the wrong way round 

Back