Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Breakfast (15 characters)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What’s everyone’s go to work breakfast? I’m normally cereal myself however lately I’m finding it doesn’t fill me up. Considering making myself a bacon roll each morning however the neighbours won’t be best pleased as I’m guaranteed to set of the smoke alarm ?

No breakfast for me, flask full of strong black coffee and a big bottle of water usually do me until I get home. Then it’s usually something with eggs, or just wait until dinner.

A bowl of porridge with a handful of grapes on top, most mornings for me. Not exciting but does the job. Three bananas and a pint of milk during the day. Sometimes if we have left over cooked potatoes I'll have them fried up with some shredded cabbage, two fried eggs, some fried mushrooms and half a tin of Branston baked beans for breakfast. Some black pepper and Hubbard's brown sauce to give it a kick... Lovely! I used to love HP brown sauce till they changed the recipe. Now it's just like a thick vinegar.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bowl of porridge with a handful of grapes on top, most mornings for me. Not exciting but does the job. Three bananas and a pint of milk during the day. Sometimes if we have left over cooked potatoes I'll have them fried up with some shredded cabbage, two fried eggs, some fried mushrooms and half a tin of Branston baked beans for breakfast. Some black pepper and Hubbard's brown sauce to give it a kick... Lovely! I used to love HP brown sauce till they changed the recipe. Now it's just like a thick vinegar.
I noticed that hp hasn't had its usual kind of spice. They have to keep tampering with stuff that dont need it ?

2 rolls in bacon and a cup of tea at the care home today, £4 but I give them a fiver, no lunch. ?
never had rolls in bacon, interesting idea ?

Have to eat something or feel too weak for work. some kind of oat cereal usually, gives slow release energy. If working whole day need sarnies at lunch.

A litre of coffee with 4-5 rich tea biscuits before I take the dogs out then 4 weetabix with some pine needle syrup on top, I always have a good bate as well as it's now getting cooler I always have home cooked hot food in a food flask. 

I though it was my imagination that it doesn't taste like it used too! Thanks for that. 
I think it was supposed to be something to do with too much sugar in the original recipe for current legislation. It was originally an English sauce but if I remember correctly what I read a while back HP was bought by a big EU company and changed the recipe, supposedly to improve the health side of it. I believe they added more vinegar which makes a cheap bulking alternative to the recipe. That's as I remember reading anyway. I can't state it as factually totally accurate as I'm relying on memory but I definitely went right off the stuff overnight before I googled the question : Has the recipe for HP sauce been changed?. I find Hubbard's (Sainsbury) suits my taste much better than the current HB. If you want to do your own research, feel free to correct me if I do turn out to be wrong. ??

Generally go without, but last week or so ive had porridge or toast, unless im on a certain round then its a big fat sausage n egg roll/bap/balm

I need it...esp if I've been to the gym the night before or band rehearsal....

Why can't you eat like that anymore?gastric band fitted?
No mate. A bit similar though. My oesophagus was removed during a seven hour operation for cancer. My stomach was stapled down the middle, one half of it was cut away and stitched to the top of the remainder to make a new oesophagus. This means that my stomach is now a tube from the bottom of my throat to my abdomen. It now sits mostly above the diaphragm instead of below it and has a reduced capacity. Consequently, I can be full up on capacity but still hungry as a meal doesn't provide enough calories to satisfy the appetite. Oh and a bit short of breath when I eat as the lungs now have to share the space of the ribcage with the stomach. Smaller meals, more often is the way now. All good now though, thankfully. I'm above the ground and fit as a fiddle (almost). Never had much more than a heavy cold till that problem. ?

Stay well. Stay safe all. ?

What’s everyone’s go to work breakfast? I’m normally cereal myself however lately I’m finding it doesn’t fill me up. Considering making myself a bacon roll each morning however the neighbours won’t be best pleased as I’m guaranteed to set of the smoke alarm ?
3 mugs of coffee a bowl of mash potato and toast and marmite ?

No mate. A bit similar though. My oesophagus was removed during a seven hour operation for cancer. My stomach was stapled down the middle, one half of it was cut away and stitched to the top of the remainder to make a new oesophagus. This means that my stomach is now a tube from the bottom of my throat to my abdomen. It now sits mostly above the diaphragm instead of below it and has a reduced capacity. Consequently, I can be full up on capacity but still hungry as a meal doesn't provide enough calories to satisfy the appetite. Oh and a bit short of breath when I eat as the lungs now have to share the space of the ribcage with the stomach. Smaller meals, more often is the way now. All good now though, thankfully. I'm above the ground and fit as a fiddle (almost). Never had much more than a heavy cold till that problem. ?

Stay well. Stay safe all. ?
Flaming eck Davy that’s mental! The fact your still out working a physical job after that, power to you! I don’t know if I could still do this after going through that ?

So the answer to my question is: A lot of coffee ? 

I should probably give porridge a go again. I’ve never much liked it but then I’m sure porridge with a bit of honey/syrup to sweeten it up will still be a lot better for me than cereal. How some of you can function on nothing is beyond me. I don’t start till 9am and I’m eating lunch by 12!

3 mugs of coffee a bowl of mash potato and toast and marmite ?
Canny tell if your messing or not ? 
I loved marmite as a kid. Hadn’t had it for years then brought myself a big tub. After all, I loved it on toast. Couldn’t stand it ?

Flaming eck Davy that’s mental! The fact your still out working a physical job after that, power to you! I don’t know if I could still do this after going through that ?
Thanks mate. I didn't know if I'd be able either. We can all surprise ourselves at times. It's so important to do our best to try and stay determined and stubborn during the various challenges we all face at times: relationships, financial, work, money problems and health. We're not alone. I had great moral support from family and friends and the good folks on the forum that were aware at the time. That's treasured and never to be forgotten. And of course the marvellous care of the NHS staff. ?

Back