Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning around the world!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am root beer

As the title suggests window cleaning around the world.

Hypothetically if you had to re-locate to another country but still had to make similar earnings to what we do here and similar style and methodology of work ( I assume most on here like myself are mostly domestic with a handful of commercial customers) where would you go?

off the top of my head the only real contenders would be Ireland, Germany or Iceland? 

USA although has a strong window cleaning market, domestic customers  only have cleans say twice a year. 

Also imagine you wanted a satellite round but you could do that in another country? Say 3-4 times a year. Of course the price per clean would have to be worth it. Where would you think to look for rounds for sale in other countries? I did once see a chap on Gumtree (or maybe window cleaning rounds for sale)

selling his round in Benidorm. That’s the only round I’ve seen for sale in another country.

final question for those wanting to respond.

where do you think is the world capital for Window cleaning is?

I personally do believe it’s England , however I’d be interested to hear other perspectives.

Hypothetically if you had to re-locate to another country but still had to make similar earnings to what we do here and similar style and methodology of work ( I assume most on here like myself are mostly domestic with a handful of commercial customers) where would you go?

off the top of my head the only real contenders would be Ireland, Germany or Iceland? 

USA although has a strong window cleaning market, domestic customers  only have cleans say twice a year. 

Also imagine you wanted a satellite round but you could do that in another country? Say 3-4 times a year. Of course the price per clean would have to be worth it. Where would you think to look for rounds for sale in other countries? I did once see a chap on Gumtree (or maybe window cleaning rounds for sale)

selling his round in Benidorm. That’s the only round I’ve seen for sale in another country.

I personally do believe it’s England , however I’d be interested to hear other perspectives.
Cornwall. I'd move in on that splash and dash's work on the other forum ?

I've lived and worked in many countries and if I had to move or relocate I'd drop the cleaning all together and use my other skills haha 

Window cleaning in a different country. That's an interesting subject. I think it would be a socially up-together country where the people seem to have high standards and pride by nature. Perhaps Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Holland, Austria or Germany. If it was viable with the cold weather.

I think it might be hard to beat England for domestic work though. I can't give an experienced opinion on commercial really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn’t move anywhere. Completely happy where I am. 25 minutes from central London on the train, 10 minutes from the Kent countryside, 15 minutes from the Essex border, 35 minutes from the coast, 35 minutes to Gatwick for holidays.

Know everyone in my local pub and quiet a few in the next pub up.

The words I’m looking for is happy and content ???‍?

Wouldn’t move anywhere. Completely happy where I am. 25 minutes from central London on the train, 10 minutes from the Kent countryside, 15 minutes from the Essex border, 35 minutes from the coast, 35 minutes to Gatwick for holidays.

Know everyone in my local pub and quiet a few in the next pub up.

The words I’m looking for is happy and content ???‍?
Some people can search the world for this yet it can right where they are, once you've found and got it there is nothing better. 

Some people can search the world for this yet it can right where they are, once you've found and got it there is nothing better. 
Totally agree. I think life is what you make it.

My mate jukebox John emigrated to Spain 12 months ago. He’s in the process of moving back here.

He thought because living in the sunshine was the be all and end all. He now misses the pub, going to Chelsea and the simple things in life.

I spoke to him on the phone last week and he cannot wait to be back with us on the lash of a weekend.

The grass isn’t always greener ?

Like the idea of Canada, big 4x4 to get me to people's wooden cabins,  spot of fishing, avoid the bears,enjoy the views. 

Otherwise just be able to afford to move to where I work would be nice.

Denmark is like UK windy wise! We do mainly monthly and every 2 or 3 months , outside mainly . I can easy support wife and 2 kids ! Prices in my area is good? 

Denmark is like UK windy wise! We do mainly monthly and every 2 or 3 months , outside mainly . I can easy support wife and 2 kids ! Prices in my area is good? 
My gut feeling was telling me that would likely be the case. As I said in my post earlier in the conversation.

Oops! I just realised I forgot to list Denmark. That was purely an accidental oversight as I was meaning all the Scandinavian countries and their near neighbours.

Good for you. ??

I'm located in across the pond from you " United States."

Most window cleaning companies here do service their clients only 2x a year, but they never push for 4 or 6wklys with clients. We only offer 4weekly (exterior only 90% of accounts) domestic or route work. We have resorts and Hotels that are done quarterly basis. 

It's all about how your want your business to run. Everyone told me it would not work here (lol). We work year round full schedule constant business cash flow. We wouldn't do it any other way great schedule great income.

In my opinion the capital for window cleaning in my opinion is the UK.

Most window cleaning companies here do service their clients only 2x a year, but they never push for 4 or 6wklys with clients. We only offer 4weekly (exterior only 90% of accounts) domestic or route work. We have resorts and Hotels that are done quarterly basis. 

It's all about how your want your business to run. Everyone told me it would not work here (lol). We work year round full schedule constant business cash flow. We wouldn't do it any other way great schedule great income.

Is the weather bad and makes windows dirty?

Is the weather bad and makes windows dirty?
Where I'm located, summer temps average 90 degrees and a few weeks of 100s, winter temps 30 degrees, the deep cold of winter we will have a couple weeks of - 5 to -20 we get about 2 feet snow,  between seasons the wind blows 20mph ++ and in between season it rains. 

The weather here can be dramatic but its doable to work in if your prepared. 

It has been a tradition here for a long long time. That helps us a lot. You made it work to suit you. That's the thing.

Good for you ??

Where I'm located, summer temps average 90 degrees a few weeks of 100s, winter temps 30 degreasing the deep cold of winter we will have a couple weeks of - 5 to -20 we get about 2 feet snow,  between seasons the wind blows 20mph ++ and in between season it rains. 

The weather here can be dramatic but it doable to work in if your prepared. 
The wind causes the dirt to fly about and land on the windows. Getting your windows cleaned makes you feel good and helps maintain the home. Folk here see it as an increasing asset so they want to look after it, so its growing all the time over here.

Where I'm located, summer temps average 90 degrees and a few weeks of 100s, winter temps 30 degrees, the deep cold of winter we will have a couple weeks of - 5 to -20 we get about 2 feet snow,  between seasons the wind blows 20mph ++ and in between season it rains. 

The weather here can be dramatic but its doable to work in if your prepared. 
Sounds like youre mixing fahrenheit and celcius right there...

Back