Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best gloves for winter

I've personally never found a pair of waterproof gloves that weren't sweaty, slimy and smelly within a short while of wearing. I rarely wear gloves except on the very rare occasion when it's really too bitter cold to do without. In that uncommon case I have three different types at the ready in the van for use depending on the degree of cold. I'll try and remember to check the three types  tomorrow and post it on this discussion.

Can someone please tell me what gloves are best for winter time as regards to warm and waterproof thinking of some seal skins but if there are better ones or cheaper I’d like to know guys 
Plenty of threads on here

I always say Skytech argon or wonder gloves with karrimor running gloves as liners 

Be prepared for cheesy hands 

Plenty of threads on here

I always say Skytech argon or wonder gloves with karrimor running gloves as liners 

Be prepared for cheesy hands 
More like a rat has crawled inside them and died ? I have x2 of Skytec argon extra with the nice pink fleece lining 

I bought some of these https://www.screwfix.com/p/towa-activgrip-cj-569-nitrile-fully-coated-gloves-purple-large/4294r either this year or last not too bad for cooler wet days although not a winter glove 

My hot water/hose keeps my hands warm...I do wear orange tiger grip nitrile gloves all year round though....

I hate getting ground in carbon on my hands...also its very unhygienic handling hoses that are getting dragged along the ground all day with bare hands

Bottom ones for emptying gutters, top left ~ Crewsaver sailing gloves for when it's uncomfortably cold, middle ~Site brand work gloves for when it's bitter cold, right ~ Site thick thermal gloves for when it's "F..K this I can't take much more of this!" cold.

20211014_102641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone should invent heated grips like the ones you can get on motorbikes?
They do, well sort off. I use these Heated fingerless gloves when I am flying quadcopters in the winter. They work ok and run off a usb power bank. They have 2 heated pads in each glove that just velcro in. I was thinking that if it gets really cold I might put the heating elements in a pair of waterproof gloves and see if that helps. I've not tried it yet and it's probably a bit over kill really but would probably work fine.

I also have some heated glove liners for motorbike gloves that I used to use when riding my bike in the winter. They are powered from 12v so a bit more difficult to manage but I have a few 12v lipo batteries that I could use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icetherm black gloves on eBay. £6 ish a pair. The expensive ones made for window cleaning are toss all the ones I’ve tried . These Kind of waterproof and fleece lined . They’ll prob last one winter , after that I use ats chemical gloves/ gutter clearing gloves

youll Need at least 3 pairs to hand in the winter and need to keep them in circulation under windscreen drying them out for optimal performance

I see windys in bare hands in the winter months dragging hose along wet ground and it absolutely baffles me why they don’t wear them

Icetherm black gloves on eBay. £6 ish a pair. The expensive ones made for window cleaning are toss all the ones I’ve tried . These Kind of waterproof and fleece lined . They’ll prob last one winter , after that I use ats chemical gloves/ gutter clearing gloves

youll Need at least 3 pairs to hand in the winter and need to keep them in circulation under windscreen drying them out for optimal performance

I see windys in bare hands in the winter months dragging hose along wet ground and it absolutely baffles me why they don’t wear them
Rarely cold enough to need them in my case. ??

I am More than half your age. Anything below 5 degrees my hands are feeling it. Hate even touching a metal ladder when it’s cold without gloves

you old boys are tough buggers
The hot system comes into its own for  keeping your hands warm , we never wear gloves ????, sometimes have to hold a scrim around the hose when winding it in as it’s so hot it burns your Hands ????????

The hot system comes into its own for  keeping your hands warm , we never wear gloves ????, sometimes have to hold a scrim around the hose when winding it in as it’s so hot it burns your Hands ????????
Shame it costs a fortune initially and also extra running costs for a proper system

im way too tight for that 
I have looked into diy methods but never bothered that much to try it

I like to keep it as simple as possible I don’t need other parts to worry about long as my battery is charged and my tank is full I’m off and away 

Shame it costs a fortune initially and also extra running costs for a proper system

im way too tight for that 
I have looked into diy methods but never bothered that much to try it

I like to keep it as simple as possible I don’t need other parts to worry about long as my battery is charged and my tank is full I’m off and away 
If you want warm water on a budget look at insulating the tank and getting an immersion heater . It’s better than cold , and you can choose when tk heat the tank or not , cheap to install and not to bad to run either 

Back