Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jehovah’s Witnesses in the industry

• Thread starter Deleted member 5762
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 5762

Apologies if this has been covered before but, purely out of curiosity, are there a lot of window cleaners and window cleaning supplies companies that are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

I was at a customer this morning and a neighbour came out and started chatting to me. Nice enough chap and he started telling me about a few window cleaners he knew.

He said he was a Jehovah’s Witness and asked if I was, and when I said I wasn’t he seemed a bit surprised.

Each to their own and I never judge anyone on their religion or beliefs, it just made me think that maybe there was a bigger number than I’d initially thought. I was aware of a couple of companies that were owned by Jehovah’s Witnesses, and some YouTuber’s also, but hadn’t really thought about until this morning.

Apologies if this has been covered before but, purely out of curiosity, are there a lot of window cleaners and window cleaning supplies companies that are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

I was at a customer this morning and a neighbour came out and started chatting to me. Nice enough chap and he started telling me about a few window cleaners he knew.

He said he was a Jehovah’s Witness and asked if I was, and when I said I wasn’t he seemed a bit surprised.

Each to their own and I never judge anyone on their religion or beliefs, it just made me think that maybe there was a bigger number than I’d initially thought. I was aware of a couple of companies that were owned by Jehovah’s Witnesses, and some YouTuber’s also, but hadn’t really thought about until this morning.
Have a very good friend who's a window cleaner and youtuber but he keeps his faith to himself and and only knocks on door for work 

Have a very good friend who's a window cleaner and youtuber but he keeps his faith to himself and and only knocks on door for work 
This wasn’t a window cleaner. Just a chap who lives close to a customer. He was very nice, just seemed a bit surprised when I answered his question. I had no idea of his religion until he told me, and would never ask anyone anyway.

I got into window cleaning through a Born-again Christian firm. They were the window cleaners at the company I worked for and I got quite pally with them. One was an Arsenal fan and one was a Tottenham fan. 

I worked for them for three years then broke off and started my own thing. 

I do my Catholic church and get alot of customers through being a member of the Parish Council. I suppose its the same with any faith, more folk you meet in it the more customers one will receive. I never went in for that and was asked by my priest as I did the handyman stuff around the church but God works in mysterious ways and he or she helped me Big Time when starting off. ?

I'm a Jehovah’s Witnesses and I know at least another 10 people in my Congregation alone who are also window cleaners. 

I believe that a couple of the big window cleaning companies are also owned by Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don't know them personally but it's what I've heard. 

@Martyn@YNWA1988 interesting. Thanks for the info.  I was aware of a couple of the big suppliers etc, but had no idea really. The chap today seemed a bit surprised I wasn’t when he asked me. I’d never really thought about it until then.

I personally am a committed Christian, but have been asked at least twice before by random strangers if I'm a JW. I know at least two others window cleaners in my area who are. Thoroughly nice guys and pass work to each other.  From a faith perspective, it is a great job, meet loads of people and sometimes have conversation around the bigger issues of life and the meaning of it.  

When they knock on my door (rarely) I usually have a good chat with them around theology ? . As you can imagine, we don't agree lol

I used to see a couple of window cleaners vans in the local Kingdom Hall car park quite often years ago but not so much now.

When I started up 30 odd years ago one area I covered had a local window cleaner who was a JW and he was a sound bloke who was up front with me about his beliefs but never pushed it with me as I told him I was a atheist and would get nowhere with it.

He liked window cleaning as he crammed everything into two or three days and spent the rest of the week door tapping and preaching his belief.

Funny thing was he was starting the houses at the crack of dawn to get round them in a couple of days and I picked up a lot of his customers as they were sick of getting woke up early doors by him.

God works in mysterious ways?

I still see him around and has done very well for himself and has a few vans on the road.

His brother is a well known nationwide business too.

No wonder they do well they’re pretty much always canvassing if not for windows then for they’re “religion” - that is a registered business in America as far as I am aware 

No wonder they do well they’re pretty much always canvassing if not for windows then for they’re “religion” - that is a registered business in America as far as I am aware 
I believe religious organisations (businesses) aren't taxed in the USA. Hence so many slimy looking Evangelical rogues with huge mansions and fleets of private jets. I'm not criticising genuine religious folk, though it's not for me personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense yeah and I’m with you about religion not being for you it doesn’t make sense believing in something you can never really know is true

I believe in the not so distant future all religions will cease to exist 

they’re already dying away slowly with lack of younger members 

When the science gets to that next level of understanding everything religious fairy tales can’t be taken seriously 

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes sense yeah and I’m with you about religion not being for you it doesn’t make sense believing in something you can never really know is true

I believe in the not so distant future all religions will cease to exist 

they’re already dying away slowly with lack of younger members 

When the science gets to that next level of understanding everything religious fairy tales can’t be taken seriously 
They have been dwindling over the years as we are far more aware these days and people just weren't years ago, it was all a racket imho anyway even going back 100's of years good people were pagans in this country yet they had the church forced upon them and it was done worldwide, the christian and catholic church have vast wealth all gifted to them yet they don't like parting with money for repairs,

Most of us if not all like to believe in something whatever that maybe might a greater power or unknown, nothing to say there isn't some truth in things as historically things were never documented or were done so badly years later, I still think there could be something sprits in the wood kind of thing but as man kind will happily destroy the world for profit it's all going to ? those tribes that live out in rainforests should have been left alone instead of having things forced upon them and their forests destroyed and the old ways with them.

The following has been copied and pasted from an article from our website www.jw.org but just thought it was fitting ? 

ARE you one who thinks the world is drab, without surprises or meaning, and that you would be better off dead than alive? Maybe it is not the world but you who are at fault. It is amazing what a wonderful difference an improved outlook can make in that which one beholds!

For example, one gloomy day a housewife glanced out of her kitchen window. The sky appeared gray, the view dull and uninspiring. She turned to her work hoping that the world outside would soon brighten up. Just then a window cleaner came along. Soon he was put to work on her kitchen windows washing off the accumulation of dust and smoke. When the housewife turned to look out of her now-washed windows, to her amazement things appeared less dismal. There were the bright colors of the flowers, the soft green grass, the children playing, the trees and the hills in the distance—all these brought her a keener appreciation of the beauty that surrounded her. She realized that nothing about the outside world had changed. She merely had her windows cleaned and was better able to discern the beauty that had been present all the time.

Perhaps we all need mental window washing from time to time, in order that we may behold less of the drabness of things about us and more of the blessings that are ours to enjoy.

I've met many JW in the window cleaning business and I must say they have all been very nice people. They do want you to join them and add to their congregation. They take the scriptures very seriously and quite literally live from them which are more than a Millennium old. To me it doesn't make sense but that is the power of Faith.

Latest Posts

Back