Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Never seen this before

Great idea until the hose starts to unreel when you are driving along ? 

Looks like his pole is on outside too! No idea why you would use john guest connectors from opposite side across roof then to reel, perfect place to freeze when driving along!

I think it’s genius! Couple of small adaptations and it’d be really efficient. It’s a good height for easy reeling, just needs a little latch to stop it unwinding while driving, and a roller guide at bumper height so the hose comes off nice and low. 
id only need to open the doors a couple times a day to swap to the 35’ 

I think it’s genius! Couple of small adaptations and it’d be really efficient. It’s a good height for easy reeling, just needs a little latch to stop it unwinding while driving, and a roller guide at bumper height so the hose comes off nice and low. 
id only need to open the doors a couple times a day to swap to the 35’ 
If you watch the waterworks videos they have the pole mounted on the back doors connected to the reel inside the van just walk away and start work , then they use the fob to re wind the his3 clip the pole on the back doors and off to the next job without opening the doors at all , I like the idear of it but need constant water circulation back to the tank 

If you watch the waterworks videos they have the pole mounted on the back doors connected to the reel inside the van just walk away and start work , then they use the fob to re wind the his3 clip the pole on the back doors and off to the next job without opening the doors at all , I like the idear of it but need constant water circulation back to the tank 
The waterworks video that is a pretty slick idea, for sure.

Any link to the video?

You could still have water circulating back to the tank via a tee and a couple of 12v valves that switch between reel and recirculating. OK so not perfect as the hot wouldn't circulate round the reel but it would be a simple system to setup ? 

Any link to the video?

You could still have water circulating back to the tank via a tee and a couple of 12v valves that switch between reel and recirculating. OK so not perfect as the hot wouldn't circulate round the reel but it would be a simple system to setup ? 
Sorry Ime not good with links but it was on their  site , will see if I can find it . I have had a look on YouTube and cannot find it Ime sure someone on hear will know where it is it’s the video of him driving round a housing estate he stops removes the pole from the back door of the van walks to the house cleans windows walks back to the van with the hose being reeled in whilst walking back to the van , jumps in van and off to the next house 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Ime not good with links but it was on their  site , will see if I can find it . I have had a look on YouTube and cannot find it Ime sure someone on hear will know where it is it’s the video of him driving round a housing estate he stops removes the pole from the back door of the van walks to the house cleans windows walks back to the van with the hose being reeled in whilst walking back to the van , jumps in van and off to the next house 
Found it but don’t know how to post a link this is it , it’s the auto spooling one you need to watch the whole video 

9A637BDE-EB93-491B-BA06-F023061E2B3B.png

Found it but don’t know how to post a link this is it , it’s the auto spooling one you need to watch the whole video 

View attachment 25844
Thanks.

If using a computer then towards the top of the page there will be a link like on here 'windowcleaningforum.co.uk/...........' All you need to do is highlight the link, sometimes you can click 3 times and it highlights the whole link, then copy (either right click or press CTRL + C) then paste on the forum (right click and paste or CTRL+V). 

On a phone its a bit different but same principal that you hightlight the link (web address at top of page) then hold to select copy (2 squares) then on forum press and hold in new post to select paste.

Hope that helps.

Video for anyone else:

Looks a great idea but would need some sort of pole lock, I wonder why they didn't market it?

To create a link to a youtube vid there is a share button, click that then click copy. Then on a forum post right click paste or CTRL+V to paste link. 

1 minute ago, ched999uk said:

Video for anyone else:

Looks a great idea but would need some sort of pole lock, I wonder why they didn't market it?

Jordan told me they had invested many thousands of £££ in the auto spooling system and it would be released in a few months , that was about 4 years ago and still no sign of it . I like the idear in principle of the pole on the back doors but would be afrade of it falling off ????

When the temperature is down around maybe four degrees you would get ice forming in the bristles as you drive down the road.
We don’t get it cold that often , and we use hot water so that set up wouldn’t work for us as we need constant water flow through the reels back to the tank 

That would be the ideal solution, because you’d still have the electric reel, not sure how they’d stand up to being out in the elements. But you need to guide the hose on and we’re all still waiting for the autospooling from them, apparently next year according to a Facebook post from them. 

That would be the ideal solution, because you’d still have the electric reel, not sure how they’d stand up to being out in the elements. But you need to guide the hose on and we’re all still waiting for the autospooling from them, apparently next year according to a Facebook post from them. 
He said next year about 4 years ago ????

Back