Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

off the grid shower using a Shurflo 100psi Pump

Iurie

Good evening  : ) 

Probably unusual question for this forum but what do you think about using a standard Shurflo pump for an off the grid shower ?

Im about to finish my window cleaning career after 14 years ?  and  was thinking lately about installing a shower in our house in France ,  which is not connected to the grid however has a solar system in place ...

Obviously I did  consider an inverter but today looking at my van setup - I hooked up a shower head directly from the pump and surprisingly it wasn't too bad , it was actually better than in some guest houses I stayed  lol .  

what do you think guys , any alternative thoughts ? ideas ?    In 14 years  of ( part time ) window cleaning - this is my second pump  but will it last as long as a shower pump ?  Since  I won't be using purified water in the shower  I wonder how reliable will it be and how many years shall I expect it to last 

cheers 

Ime guessing itv would work ok but there are numerous camping showers on the market that are 12v that are designed for the job and might work better ??? It might need a bit of tinkering with to get optimum results, good luck with your retirement, Ime quite envious ???

Good evening  : ) 

Probably unusual question for this forum but what do you think about using a standard Shurflo pump for an off the grid shower ?

Im about to finish my window cleaning career after 14 years ?  and  was thinking lately about installing a shower in our house in France ,  which is not connected to the grid however has a solar system in place ...

Obviously I did  consider an inverter but today looking at my van setup - I hooked up a shower head directly from the pump and surprisingly it wasn't too bad , it was actually better than in some guest houses I stayed  lol .  

what do you think guys , any alternative thoughts ? ideas ?    In 14 years  of ( part time ) window cleaning - this is my second pump  but will it last as long as a shower pump ?  Since  I won't be using purified water in the shower  I wonder how reliable will it be and how many years shall I expect it to last 

cheers 

As far as I am aware Shurflo pumps are used in lots of motorhomes and caravans with onboard tanks but I think they use the lower pressure ones - 50psi maybe but that's probably due to pipework issues.

So you should be fine.

I think you can get eco shower heads for motorhomes as well that add air to the output so it feels more of a shower plus some motorhome/caravan ones have an on/off lever on the head to limit water usage. 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

I will have a look at camping ahower too but i guess they might have a higher amps / consumption.  

Have a lovely day 

Back