Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am i the only one?

HWCS

Not sure if its just me but one thing that is gripping my sh1t is a local windy offering a 'free window clean' with every GFS clean!

Surely we all do a window clean after a GFS clean anyway as they get messy!

I cant see how anybody would actually do this when im sure we all just add an extra £?? To the GFS price?

Am i doing it wrong?

Not sure if its just me but one thing that is gripping my sh1t is a local windy offering a 'free window clean' with every GFS clean!

I cant see how anybody would actually do this when im sure we all just add an extra £?? To the GFS price?

Am i doing it wrong?
Purely marketing mate. Maybe you should do the same ?

I never quote as a solely gfs clean. I quote openly for a gfs soapwash which will also include and be priced for everything below it : windows, frames and doors etc. This is written on the quote. I explain if questioned on the walk-round that you wouldn't ask someone to wash just the roof of your car. The dirt and soapmix from the top is going to drop onto whatever is below it. I won't leave it like that. We lather it in to the windows and doors. It takes very little extra time. In fact it possibly speeds the job up. It ensures as good a finish as we can get and looks good to the customer (like a cowboy having a wet soap shave in a Western) . Professional standards only, no half jobs on the same side of a property. Sometimes we don't get every side of the house to do. That's uncommon but on the rare occasion it does occur, we only clean the windows on the side we cleaned the gfs. Unless they request and pay for the rest of the windows to be washed. This is made clear and priced openly on the verbal explanation, in the final text or phone call to arrange the work date and in the written quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty standard I think, I sometimes say the same thing depending on the vibe I get from the customer. 

What bores me is a local window cleaner near me offering a free first clean, period. That's ludicrous! 
Yes it’s a load of rubbish. These people offer the first clean for free so long as they commit to 3 months service. So the first clean is rolled in with the other 3 cleans price . I think people are now getting wise to it. Plus fact the company near me that offer it are splash n dash. Job is shoddy, so they get binned off . 

Am i doing it wrong?
We price stuff two ways I will give a price for the gfs and a price for the windows ,as quite often they will want a regular window clean   But if they are moving and want the lot doing I will give them one price for the lot , but we don’t do the windows for free we would have added the price into the plastic clean , Ime sure ones that claim it’s a free window clean have added windows into the price and are just trying to make it look good to the customer. 

This ones willing to do a 62 mile round trip for this!

'While the pandemic lasts' 

Hmmmmmm thats gonna be years his offers on

Screenshot_20211022-213810_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20211022-213800_Messenger.jpg

This ones willing to do a 62 mile round trip for this!

'While the pandemic lasts' 

Hmmmmmm thats gonna be years his offers on

View attachment 25854

View attachment 25855
Either desperate for work or hasn’t got a clue , I wouldn’t worry about people like this they arnt viable competition, they will soon give up as they will struggle to make  a living and end up stacking shelves in Tesco 

Am i doing it wrong?
It’s just a marketing ploy bud

Back