Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tyre pressure on vans with 500 litres of water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davidpatrick1978

Hello guys been busy trying to build my business up just wanting to know what pressure is best for tyres with the weight of a 500 litre tank in the back what’s the best in winter and summer just a bit worried about tyres popping specially over speed humps mine say max 52 psi I’ve have them at 42 now any help guys 

Hello guys been busy trying to build my business up just wanting to know what pressure is best for tyres with the weight of a 500 litre tank in the back what’s the best in winter and summer just a bit worried about tyres popping specially over speed humps mine say max 52 psi I’ve have them at 42 now any help guys 
A quick Google search should tell you. Very doubtful your tyres will pop unless you hit a kerb at speed, you will get excess wear if over / under inflated.

The recommend tyre pressure is the same as the listed pressure within your owners manual or printed on a sticker within your drivers door aperture.

You don't change thre pressures because it's a window cleaning van 

My van has a 800l tank pressure washer and ladders ect its on max weight it can carry .my tyres are left all year the same pressure as it says to keep them at from manufacturers 

I like my tyres at maximum pressure all the time. I was £13 for a puncture from a mate but I gave him £15 to fix it. My mechanic said that's cheap because it's usually £20 plus vat. ?

Its a pain as if you've got a near full load then you need them pumped up near enough to the max they specify. Thats not always ideal if the tank is near empty, like mine often is, but yep, I usually have them near the max. 

Tyre pressure is specific to your vehicle we run all our vans on the maximum pressure for heavily loaded in the Manuel if unsure google it or speak to your local garage , we run the same pressures all year round . 

I like my tyres at maximum pressure all the time. I was £13 for a puncture from a mate but I gave him £15 to fix it. My mechanic said that's cheap because it's usually £20 plus vat. ?
He must be a good mate, a full two pound tip ?

I have alloys on my custom. The guys in Watlin tyres near me recommended 50 psi 

The manufacturer gives you two figures, one empty and one fully laden, these have been arrived at through testing and are safe pressures, they will not pop a good quality tyre.

The problem for us is that we start the day heavy and finish it light, the optimum pressure is probably somewhere between the manufacturers figures, but each type of van may react differently so it is trial and error to get it right.

What is for sure is that low pressure affects side wall stability, not recommended.

Back