Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best waterproof jacket for our work???

Baldmonkey

Hi all

Whats everyones thoughts on the best jacket for our line of work. I have a Haglo's goretex jacket at the minute and even though i reproof it and reactivate the goretex regularly it seems to be under performing.

Ive been looking at Arc'teryx 3l Goretex as a new jacket but wanted to gather some opinions

We have paramo jackets they need washing with a special soap then washed with a waterproofer and I find they stay 99% waterproof for around 6-9 months doing this , as they arnt  gortex you don't sweat with them , they are reasonably hard wearing and not thick and bulky , they arnt a warm jacket but stop wind and rain it’s best toward base layers with them in cold areas 

Regatta Dover Jacket without a doubt for me. Breathable, warm, fully waterproof, smart looking. Comfortable length for working and driving  (bomber jacket style). Inexpensive, around £30. Last for years. Good range of colours I choose navy blue as it's our uniform colour.

Regatta Dover Jacket without a doubt for me. Breathable, warm, fully waterproof, smart looking. Comfortable length for working and driving  (bomber jacket style). Inexpensive, around £30. Last for years. Good range of colours I choose navy blue as it's our uniform colour.
I'd agree with you, they are a proper work jacket although you have to layer up accordingly as they can be a bit warm on certain days with the fleece lining, thanks to you recommending them last year I have two.

I have Jackets for walking and simply don't rate them despite been £100-150 jackets, the best jacket and waterproofs I have are part of this set https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/waterproof-jacket/_/R-p-144362?mc=8545758&c=BROWN I wear the jacket and trousers for walking our dogs and wore these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/durable-waterproof-trousers-500/_/R-p-144363?mc=8545759&c=BROWN last year through wet winter days they are ideal as they have belt loops and 2 front pockets I just wore a pair of skinny joggers underneath 

Hi all

Whats everyones thoughts on the best jacket for our line of work. I have a Haglo's goretex jacket at the minute and even though i reproof it and reactivate the goretex regularly it seems to be under performing.

Ive been looking at Arc'teryx 3l Goretex as a new jacket but wanted to gather some opinions
Easy answer, British army issue soldier95 pattern goretex 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tribord sailing jacket from decathlon in winter.cost around £90...summertime and warmer wet days I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus,1 northface)...

No waterproof jacket will keep you dry all day,you need at least 2 jackets during a very wet working day to keep up morale!

Think we need cowboy chaps( trouser covers) over our shoulders, or a poly bag, maybe we could recycle some plastic bottles to make window cleaning waterproof jackets, there's an ? 

Tribord sailing jacket from decathlon in winter.cost around £90...summertime and warmer wet days I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus,1 northface)...

No waterproof jacket will keep you dry all day,you need at least 2 jackets during a very wet working day to keep up morale!
The Dover Jacket will, unless possibly working all day in a deluge. Better than any other coat I've ever had. We won't stay out in an all day deluge. Can't see a need to. We don't get monsoon seasons so we can always catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:

But you only work 25 hours a week, so why are working when it's pishing down 

The Dover Jacket will, unless possibly working all day in a deluge. Better than any other coat I've ever had. We won't stay out in an all day deluge. Can't see a need to. We don't get monsoon seasons so we can always catch up.
Gonna have to buy one just to see the hype now ????

Back