Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Maximum Pressure tolerance for an 8mm minibore WFP hose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Streamline quote max for 6mm and 8mm as 10bar. So about 140psi. As for tolerance? Normally a manufacturer would list a maximum safe working pressure.

When you say tolerance what do you mean, what max pressure will a hose tolerate?

Question in title. Thanks?
My question. Is there a specific reason you are asking this question? The hose we all use works well with the pumps we use. 

I seem to remember some having an issue with hose delaminating quite a few years ago now. The hose came from 2 different suppliers. 

We had some minibore that swelled under normal cold water usage and would cause issues with the hose reel we use. I got sick of it and replaced it with the same minibore from the same supplier and that is still on the hose reel 5 or 6 years later. It must have been that batch.

Have you checked along the linier length of your hose for manufacturers laser printed usage parameters ie psi & temperature ratings 
Yeah my hose is old enough it's barely yellow, let alone able to see print. Thanks though.

My question. Is there a specific reason you are asking this question? The hose we all use works well with the pumps we use. 

I seem to remember some having an issue with hose delaminating quite a few years ago now. The hose came from 2 different suppliers. 

We had some minibore that swelled under normal cold water usage and would cause issues with the hose reel we use. I got sick of it and replaced it with the same minibore from the same supplier and that is still on the hose reel 5 or 6 years later. It must have been that batch.
Just wondering if I could use a higher psi diaphragm pump to rinse off with more efficacy/efficiency on first cleans. 

Yeah my hose is old enough it's barely yellow, let alone able to see print. Thanks though.

Just wondering if I could use a higher psi diaphragm pump to rinse off with more efficacy/efficiency on first cleans. 
The trouble is that doubling the psi for example doesn't necessarily mean you will double the output flow. This is because turbulence inside the hose increases with high flow rates. 

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/32073-am-i-the-only-one-that-runs-my-controller-at-80/#comments

Increasing flow also means higher splash back which in turn can bring down muck from above the window. (We have several houses where the soffit is only just above the upper window frame and we see evidence of water splash back on the dirty soffit from rinsing the window.)

In the early wfp days we didn't have controllers. We had 3mm jets which created a lovely sheet or curtain of water down the window when rinsing. Our experience was that the downside of a higher flow rate was that we used much more water a day, 'wasted' or spent during the washing/scrubbing phase of the clean.

The trouble is that doubling the psi for example doesn't necessarily mean you will double the output flow. This is because turbulence inside the hose increases with high flow rates. 

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/32073-am-i-the-only-one-that-runs-my-controller-at-80/#comments

Increasing flow also means higher splash back which in turn can bring down muck from above the window. (We have several houses where the soffit is only just above the upper window frame and we see evidence of water splash back on the dirty soffit from rinsing the window.)

In the early wfp days we didn't have controllers. We had 3mm jets which created a lovely sheet or curtain of water down the window when rinsing. Our experience was that the downside of a higher flow rate was that we used much more water a day, 'wasted' or spent during the washing/scrubbing phase of the clean.
I'm using a converted chemical barrel from wcw and an 8mm pressure nozzle with a 30/30. Run it off mains tap through the WFP hose it rinses lovely; perfect even. The spread on the fan is narrow enough to control, and it blasts off any chem no problems, so no soap streaks without brushing and rinsing til my arms are falling off.

It does however mean rinsing with tap water, which often means spotting even with a pure rinse after, and if the water pressure is good and it's full flow. Little Rectus connectors don't stay connected.

I'm using a converted chemical barrel from wcw and an 8mm pressure nozzle with a 30/30. Run it off mains tap through the WFP hose it rinses lovely; perfect even. The spread on the fan is narrow enough to control, and it blasts off any chem no problems, so no soap streaks without brushing and rinsing til my arms are falling off.

It does however mean rinsing with tap water, which often means spotting even with a pure rinse after, and if the water pressure is good and it's full flow. Little Rectus connectors don't stay connected.
Pressure washing is a whole new ball game needing high-pressure pump, hoses and hose fittings. I would expect the vents above the windows would be a major issue for me and I would worry high-pressure doing damage as well.

We do very few new cleans these days, but when we do, using conventional wfp with pure water gives excellent results. Probably takes a little longer but so be it. This is why we add an additional first clean charge to account for the extra time we take. We aren't 'forcing' water behind the seals to drip out on the glass below causing spotting.

Pressure washing is a whole new ball game needing high-pressure pump, hoses and hose fittings. I would expect the vents above the windows would be a major issue for me and I would worry high-pressure doing damage as well.

We do very few new cleans these days, but when we do, using conventional wfp with pure water gives excellent results. Probably takes a little longer but so be it. This is why we add an additional first clean charge to account for the extra time we take. We aren't 'forcing' water behind the seals to drip out on the glass below causing spotting.
No I know. I typically charge 2/3 times ongoing cost for 1st cleans. Cover return cost and extra labour. 

Quick and good rinse definitely aids in making less labour, less water and ergo more profit.

Not pressure washing. Doesn't need 1000s of psi. just around 2/250 I think would be spot on to blast off chem with a lot less grief.

Yeah my hose is old enough it's barely yellow, let alone able to see print. 
Time for a new hose it's only a matter of time and possibly quite short before the hose springs a leak and possibly splits, possible to repair yes but you're only putting of the inevitable, I have brand new 100m of hose in my garage for when mine comes to end of it's days

Time for a new hose it's only a matter of time and possibly quite short before the hose springs a leak and possibly splits, possible to repair yes but you're only putting of the inevitable, I have brand new 100m of hose in my garage for when mine comes to end of it's days
I literally do same as you...

I could have read PSI rating on that. Just a bit too dense to make the simple leap of logic apparently.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IMHO a Shurflo or similar on full chat provides more than enough water for our purposes, anything more could be asking for trouble,

Back