Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing companies in 2021

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

Hi folks, 

Got a chunk of money laying around but I'm currently quite time poor so I'm looking to invest in a canvasser to help build my round for my second van. Anyone got any recommendations for people that are still canvassing?

As far as I know Green Pro is no longer operating, I got no answer from Vision and a couple of others I've tried are currently too busy.

Hi folks, 

Got a chunk of money laying around but I'm currently quite time poor so I'm looking to invest in a canvasser to help build my round for my second van. Anyone got any recommendations for people that are still canvassing?

As far as I know Green Pro is no longer operating, I got no answer from Vision and a couple of others I've tried are currently too busy.
Why not do it yourself ?? 

Hi folks, 

Go out yourself and be the face of your business, only you can sell the brand, the quality and take bookings there and then.

Why pay some muppet who's a professional talker and knows nothing about your business when you are the one wanting the work 

I'm going to have to bite the bullet myself and go canvassing, I didn't want to because i know it might be a bit soul destroying

A big firm based not local did some on my street while i was out working as they knocked on our door and the OH spoke to them (well told him straight away i was a windy he soon moved on).

They have ended up with about 3 houses on my road that i did flyers to, so it seems the knock on the door approach does still work

I have been doing it myself but as I say I'm quite time restricted at the moment. My employee is currently working part time and I need to build the round up, but I currently have my own customers to take care of. I've also just had a baby so she currently takes up my free time! 

I have been doing it myself but as I say I'm quite time restricted at the moment. My employee is currently working part time and I need to build the round up, but I currently have my own customers to take care of. I've also just had a baby so she currently takes up my free time! 
Would your part timer be interested in a bit of canvassing on a commission basis? Pay him same as a canvasser would charge, it's in his interest to get more custy plus he will know the jobs then.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet myself and go canvassing, I didn't want to because i know it might be a bit soul destroying

A big firm based not local did some on my street while i was out working as they knocked on our door and the OH spoke to them (well told him straight away i was a windy he soon moved on).

They have ended up with about 3 houses on my road that i did flyers to, so it seems the knock on the door approach does still work
IMHO it's all to do with how we see the situation. It's not nice to get rejected with No's which can be soul-destroying. But when you look at the bigger picture, what you are doing is individually promoting your business to the general public; to whoever answers the door. What you are doing by door knocking is raising your profile in the local area. They may have a windie, but they now 'know' of another one they have met and spoken to. Even if they say no, give them your calling card in case they hear of one of their family or friends locally who needs your services. Every time they see you around working, even if it's in another area, they are reminded of your first door knock and who you are. That's another imprint added to their mind and reinforcing their memory. We are watched and observed by the public where ever we go. We have a few customers who watched us work for many years in the neighbourhood before asking us to clean their windows.

I can't believe how many people know me by name who I have never met before. My van isn't sign written, but it amazes me how many people recognize me and my van and wave when passing.

Rome wasn't built in a day; it's the same with building a window cleaning round. It can take many years, more so now than in times past. That door knock whose response was a 'no' could become your customer in the years to come.

Back