Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses per day?? Today I did

Baldmonkey

How many houses does everyone cap each days work at. 

Now I'm talking per man or in my case "the only bugger" ha ha ha

Today I did 27, good cross section from big 4 bed detached houses to terraces, semis to bungalows... Today had it all. 

Started at 9.01 genuinely didn't stop, no lunch no brews and finished at 4.06.

Now I'm not slow, I have a very fast flow rate so I can work quick. 

What's the most you like to do sensibly? 

How many houses does everyone cap each days work at. 

Now I'm talking per man or in my case "the only bugger" ha ha ha

Today I did 27, good cross section from big 4 bed detached houses to terraces, semis to bungalows... Today had it all. 

Started at 9.01 genuinely didn't stop, no lunch no brews and finished at 4.06.

Now I'm not slow, I have a very fast flow rate so I can work quick. 

What's the most you like to do sensibly? 
I did 11 jobs today. I always seem to fall short when it comes to number of jobs in a day compared to others on here, probably only ever do 15 or 16 at a peak. I just work to a realistic financial target then go home.  Fair play to you if you can knock out 27 in a day - not sure I've ever done that many in my entire 12 years on the glass!   ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Me personally I do 15 or so houses per day, sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less, usually 8 hours or so. Depending on the house sizes it can be less than this as I do clean  a few large houses.

The number of houses per day isn’t what’s important it’s the total days taking that’s important, when doing compact 3 bed modern estate houses we do between 5-7 per hour per man some days two guys per van we are doing 80- 112 but a mean average is more like 80-90 that’s actual window cleaning for 8 hours per day , that’s very compact work only moving a few hundred yards per day . But if doing larger manor houses might only do 2-6 per day depending on size . 

The number of houses per day isn’t what’s important it’s the total days taking that’s important, when doing compact 3 bed modern estate houses we do between 5-7 per hour per man some days two guys per van we are doing 80- 112 but a mean average is more like 80-90 that’s actual window cleaning for 8 hours per day , that’s very compact work only moving a few hundred yards per day . But if doing larger manor houses might only do 2-6 per day depending on size . 
Oh your spot on Paul, all boils down to the takings, just curious as to what goes on in other people's days. My work is not very compact but always follows a carefully planned route and charge accordingly... Remind me not to come to Cornwall looking for a job ????

I did 11 jobs today. I always seem to fall short when it comes to number of jobs in a day compared to others on here, probably only ever do 15 or 16 at a peak. I just work to a realistic financial target then go home.  Fair play to you if you can knock out 27 in a day - not sure I've ever done that many in my entire 12 years on the glass!   ? 
Oh we definitely share the same philosophy, do what's needed and go home, as long as the bills are paid... The example I give abo e its one of my busier days and I know there is loads of variables, compaction, house size, weather, customers wanting to chat... Was interested in others days ?

Me personally I do 15 or so houses per day, sometimes a few more, sometimes a few less, usually 8 hours or so. Depending on the house sizes it can be less than this as I do clean  a few large houses.
As long as them bills are paid and your happy, I prefer that amount to do, just some rounds end up busier than some I guess, tomorrow I'll be done for 1pm ?

Oh we definitely share the same philosophy, do what's needed and go home, as long as the bills are paid... The example I give abo e its one of my busier days and I know there is loads of variables, compaction, house size, weather, customers wanting to chat... Was interested in others days ?
It's intersting, I'll be counting this week out of curiosity ?   I have about 250 on my round, some bi monthly so probably 40-50 per week at a guess.  

How much do ya pay ya staff hourly or a proportion of work done ?

Averaging 7 houses an hour over a day is insane what are they 2 windows front 2 windows back terraced ????

That's an excellent rate.  

My 8 hour days have long gone. 4 - 6 hours a day and I'm off home.  Lifestyle business for me now but each to their own.

That's an excellent rate.  

My 8 hour days have long gone. 4 - 6 hours a day and I'm off home.  Lifestyle business for me now but each to their own.
When employing the staff want to work full time hours so that’s why we do 8 hours per day . I intend to start cutting back in the near future with what Ime doing but at the moment we are so busy just got to do what ever is required .

How much do ya pay ya staff hourly or a proportion of work done ?

Averaging 7 houses an hour over a day is insane what are they 2 windows front 2 windows back terraced ????
They get an hourly rate and monthly bonus if targets are exceeded and no complaints . 

3 bed semis 4 windows front and a door , back 3 windows and patio doors. , some also have 1 window on the end wall . 

My best day of the month is 16 3 bed detached houses in a cul de sac. All between £20-£30 depending on conservatories and extensions etc. 

I move the van twice that’s all. Sadly not all my work is that good. 

Between 10-18 a day depending on sizes, but most days are 4 hrs long on the tools. So its not too bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Average is probably around 14 but most I done is 22/23 they all in same estate & new builds. I definitely think new builds best jobs just because they don't have that many windows compared to older homes

When I was employed full time for a firm I was doing 25 on average a day. Sometimes a bit less, the most I did in one day was 31 and that was 8-4. 

Now I do around 15 a day, much more relaxed!

probably 25 a day average for me

some days are above 40

How can you live well without money though

I work all week and live at weekend  
It all depends on what you call 'live well'. We have relatives that get new iPhones each year on contract, lease cars, think nothing of spending £70 on a takeaway, have full Sky TV. They both have a decent income so don't worry about money.

We buy reasonable phones when the old ones are no longer fit for purpose, have £7 contracts (unlimited mins/txt and 10Gb), run a 8 year old car (zero road tax, 60+mpg), think twice before spending £20 on a takeaway. We have a budget for weekly shopping. We are careful with our money and consider purchases carefully. We don't have a mortgage and minimise our outgoings. We have savings and do spend them when we decide to on stuff we want - had a good few cruises, had a motorhome and tow car, had a static caravan etc.... 

It all depends on your priorities and what you want. 

It all depends on what you call 'live well'. We have relatives that get new iPhones each year on contract, lease cars, think nothing of spending £70 on a takeaway, have full Sky TV. They both have a decent income so don't worry about money.

We buy reasonable phones when the old ones are no longer fit for purpose, have £7 contracts (unlimited mins/txt and 10Gb), run a 8 year old car (zero road tax, 60+mpg), think twice before spending £20 on a takeaway. We have a budget for weekly shopping. We are careful with our money and consider purchases carefully. We don't have a mortgage and minimise our outgoings. We have savings and do spend them when we decide to on stuff we want - had a good few cruises, had a motorhome and tow car, had a static caravan etc.... 

It all depends on your priorities and what you want. 
what car lol

Back