Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to power washing (kinda)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nobbie 4822

Buying a new set up which will include

Maxflow Honda GX390 complete with pressure gauge and pressure release valve with 40mtr hose reel attached  plus a further 10mtr hose extension.

Maxflow 21" Flat surface cleaner.

1 angled 1200mm lance

1 750mm straight lance

Various nozzles to include turbo nozzle 

25° fan nozzle 

X Jet M5 with suction hose.

And 2 guns everything quick release.

50mtrs of garden hose 

2x wheelie bins

My main market target is driveways patios, natural stone etc etc, I'm also planning on restoring tarmac /Asphalt driveways when weather is suitable, with a polymer bitumen. .

Am I missing anything !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying a new set up which will include

Maxflow Honda GX390 complete with pressure gauge and pressure release valve with 40mtr hose reel attached  plus a further 10mtr hose extension.

Maxflow 21" Flat surface cleaner.

1 angled 1200mm lance

1 750mm straight lance

Various nozzles to include turbo nozzle 

25° fan nozzle 

X Jet M5 with suction hose.

And 2 guns everything quick release.

50mtrs of garden hose 

2x wheelie bins

My main market target is driveways patios, natural stone etc etc, I'm also planning on restoring tarmac /Asphalt driveways when weather is suitable, with a polymer bitumen. .

Am I missing anything !!
Public liability insurance 

Lots of luck when cleaning tarmac and an understanding of various stone as some can be very soft so output pressure is key.

Don't forget some good brooms shovels for clean up 

Public liability insurance 

Lots of luck when cleaning tarmac and an understanding of various stone as some can be very soft so output pressure is key.

Don't forget some good brooms shovels for clean up 
Apw1210  thanks for your reply,

12.5 million PL insurance in place.

Irish so Luck is in the genes!!

I've been tarmacing paving now for 40 odd years  this is my wind down project, hence Im requesting a pressure gauge on the washer.

Brooms etc I'm currently looking at Wolfgarten brooms  and others you could recommend.

Apw1210  thanks for your reply,

12.5 million PL insurance in place.

Irish so Luck is in the genes!!

I've been tarmacing paving now for 40 odd years  this is my wind down project, hence Im requesting a pressure gauge on the washer.

Brooms etc I'm currently looking at Wolfgarten brooms  and others you could recommend.
I bought a Sthil battery blower to finish off sanding. 5mins of blowing is all it takes rather than brushing for hours trying to make it perfect.

I've never used a blower to sand in  does it not blow everywhere?

I have back pack Stihl blowers just for cleaning off.
I think he means to blow off any excess after sweeping it in.

Can you imagine the sand storm if you got the leaf blower onto a pile of sand in the middle of a clients driveway. ?

I think he means to blow off any excess after sweeping it in.

Can you imagine the sand storm if you got the leaf blower onto a pile of sand in the middle of a clients driveway. ?
I can well imagine, I've laid thousands of m2 of paving biggest job I've done was 1.65 miles long x 5 yards. We used a tractor sweeper to sweep it in and left the excess to get washed in. Never ever used a blower even to blow excess  always had triggers broom..

Latest Posts

Back