Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Your Hose?

100m x 8mm but going to try 6mm to see if it's any better. Been put off getting 6mm in the past as have been told by a supplier can put undue pressure on the pump. Is that correct chaps?

I do know that narrowing the diameter of a hose will lower pressure so pump will work harder don't know if it'll have any effect it though.

My hose is 12mm for that reason but then I don't use a pump.

Pressure pump, I only wfp a few and it's 100% eco. Check the thread in diy section I'm running one holds 9lt and one that holds 6lt for little jaunts through houses to do 1 small window but working on a trolley system pumped by foot. Sounds hard work and stupid to some but it's not on either count.

you little eco warrior /emoticons/biggrin.png
Just decided to follow the angle with advertising mate, I do believe we should do something but I'm not exactly a tree hugger lol. Theres stuff goes on in my shed that would make people laugh though.

100m x 8mm but going to try 6mm to see if it's any better. Been put off getting 6mm in the past as have been told by a supplier can put undue pressure on the pump. Is that correct chaps?
Thanks for the input all, funny because was going to start ordering a wfp van set up this week I was told the same as smurf, I would have thought 6mm more pressure, I'm going for 100 meters of each use 8mm as main run then 6mm for extension should get the best of both worlds over a long run! Thanks lads GF

Back