Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council Quote

rcproperty

well thats all the paperwork done, price sorted and just about to submit it to them.

if i get it it will be a nice 2 year contract! keep me busy for a bit!

wont have to long to wait as the contract starts on the 1st November!

Good luck , hard to get offered council work how did you manage that ?
cheers.

spoke to a friend thats high up in the council and asked if i can go for it, he passed on my details and got in contact with me, got through first round and now there is only 3 of us for it

Nice ,they always it ant what you know it is who you know /emoticons/biggrin.png
thats true! if i get it tho, i wil have to have someone else work and get another van! so lot of work to do in a short time if they say yes to me! :wacko:

My council have their own wfp vans etc so no chance of anyone getting any work off them.

My council have their own wfp vans etc so no chance of anyone getting any work off them.
really? thats a first, a council spending money on something that could save them money! lol

Yep the have there own guy's now doing most jobs that they used to sub out. Even got guttervacs too after one of the H&S chaps talked to me while I was working a private job.

I've been on their approved contrator list for years and never got any work from them. Now I know why /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep the have there own guy's now doing most jobs that they used to sub out. Even got guttervacs too after one of the H&S chaps talked to me while I was working a private job.

I've been on their approved contrator list for years and never got any work from them. Now I know why /emoticons/biggrin.png
shame really, but can see why they do it, never know other ones might go down that route too!

I can see it happening as most now looking at keeping the work in-house as can save them money long term...

I can see it happening as most now looking at keeping the work in-house as can save them money long term...
yer thats true. but then they have to get all the equipment first so that would be a big outlay then making sure the guys know what they are doing too!

hi there how is every one if any one could help me i been trying to get on the approved contrator list for lincoln county council but just can not get any leads at all

I would not bother myself as the big boy's normally win the tenders at stupid low rates and pay their workers a pittance.

I would not bother myself as the big boy's normally win the tenders at stupid low rates and pay their workers a pittance.
true, but the guys company that is doing it at the minute are rubbish, they have had a lot of complaints about them! plus there is only 3 of us going for it too! them, me and one other!

hi there how is every one if any one could help me i been trying to get on the approved contrator list for lincoln county council but just can not get any leads at all
are you from lincoln??

Latest Posts

Back