Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing Tank To My Van

the best way is to get a metal frame for it and bolt it to the floor or bulkhead.

or

bolt timbers 2inchx3inch all around the bottom edges to stop it sliding and then use 4x 5 tonn rachet straps to hold it down.

Also could always find a local fabricator to find out cost to make a metal bespoke frame for you.

Mate nice set up. I'd get it strapped down properly or use a metal frame. You don't want a full tank going through into your cabin if you have a crash.

Ive only got one of the big ratchet straps across the middle of the tank it doesn't move at all but if i was to have a high speed crash would be fooked ! Its just getting the spare cash to get the frame there really expensive, i know safety comes first though

Ive only got one of the big ratchet straps across the middle of the tank it doesn't move at all but if i was to have a high speed crash would be fooked ! Its just getting the spare cash to get the frame there really expensive, i know safety comes first though

Same here mate

Put some wooden straps round it and a few rachtes straps untilly you get more money

I saw some crash test videos of unsecured tanks, I'm sure they were only about 30mph and the results are scary. I've got a 650l tank which would obliterate the cabin if it wasn't properly secured.

I bought an Ionics system when I started four years ago precisely because of their crash testing. I wouldn't risk using anything else, I know they seem expensive but they go great finance deals and you can't put a price on your life or that of your employees!

I have ply on the floor so would i just screw it to that or through the wood ? What do i use to screw it to the floor ? Screws? Bolts ?

Latest Posts

Back