Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hse Pulling Blokes Up !

All Round Cleaning

Has anyone had the pleasure of being pulled up by the HSE ???

The same windy I was talking to today told me to be very carefull with the HSE brigade going round

Pulling up window cleaners around the midlands area and threatening them with a fine ???

Nope but ongoing operation going on in Central Scotland with Police, Trading Standards and I think DWP. They have targeted all trades but a number of window cleaners are being reported to Prosecutor Fiscal for not having a window cleaning licence. On top of this if caught whilst claiming benefits charges will be higher.

I did hear of HSE cautioning a few window cleaners in Fife.

Nope but ongoing operation going on in Central Scotland with Police, Trading Standards and I think DWP. They have targeted all trades but a number of window cleaners are being reported to Prosecutor Fiscal for not having a window cleaning licence. On top of this if caught whilst claiming benefits charges will be higher.

I did hear of HSE cautioning a few window cleaners in Fife.
I herd the same but this was a while ago now.

Sounds like the sort of thing that I have been taking about for a while!! What are those words now?????

Something like told you so! Lol

I dont think its a big clamp down, probably a few guys out pulling people up.

yer might be people reporting them for working not working safety and they following up on the info and fining them for it.

Some roofing companies been fined upto £10000 for unsafe work. Could even be them instead of window cleaners???

yer might be people reporting them for working not working safety and they following up on the info and fining them for it.

Some roofing companies been fined upto £10000 for unsafe work. Could even be them instead of window cleaners???
What there doing works though, they go out fine,warn a few people, the news spreads like wildfire. Some people then start to think

It's got me thinking about doing all tops wfp but more worried about losing customers to be honest .

but on the other hand i have only had 1 customer complain about his house getting "wet" .

What there doing works though, they go out fine,warn a few people, the news spreads like wildfire. Some people then start to think
That's true, let's hope no one we know gets pulled for any reason

It's got me thinking about doing all tops wfp but more worried about losing customers to be honest .

but on the other hand i have only had 1 customer complain about his house getting "wet" .
Not saying it would but what would people do if the only way you could clean outside of a house is by wfp?

Thats what I find people think there house is getting wet and dont like it...

Not saying it would but what would people do if the only way you could clean outside of a house is by wfp?
If that comes true RC

Then I will buy full water system, van the works at the drop of a hat

Only reason doing trad at the moment because I find people like that! and am cheapskate lol!, and I enjoy trad!

I have the funds just not going to spend that much money because for me thats alot, I think I will in the next few years tho...

If other people then can't afford to go water fed pole because say ladders are banned, and they are out for beer money, work in summer etc then we will only pick up more work!(apart from bunglows lol)

If that comes true RC

Then I will buy full water system, van the works at the drop of a hat

Only reason doing trad at the moment because I find people like that! and am cheapskate lol!, and I enjoy trad!

I have the funds just not going to spend that much money because for me thats alot, I think I will in the next few years tho...
I'm not on about window cleaners but yer I know how you feel, even tho I'm 99.9% wfp.

I'm on about the customers how would they take it? We know there are some out there that don't like it!

If other people then can't afford to go water fed pole because say ladders are banned, and they are out for beer money, work in summer etc then we will only pick up more work!(apart from bunglows lol)
Yer would feel sorry for the guys that are true and can't afford it or just to old for the change. It's those guys that would suffer for all this change.

Then they just wouldn't get their windows cleaned RC simple as that mate, if it comes I know how to build a system fast and cheap so no worries there and besides I could do it with the system I got if push came to shove. Water might be a problem for me but thats just a matter of not using rainwater cos no way can I store enough to do 100% wfp when round builds up.

Back