Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help With Quote For Unusual Job

paulio

Hi, i have been asked to clean 14 of these street lamps, inside and out. As u can see from one of the pics they are rank!! Has anyone cleaned anything like this before? Access is from the top, the lid flops over. It's a bit awkward to get to the inside glass. I've not cleaned anything like these before so not sure time wise how long it's going to take. Off the top of my head I was thinking around £5-7 per lamp? Too much??

Any info/ advice would greatly appreciated.

.View attachment 915View attachment 916

Paul

View attachment 644

View attachment 645

£5 a lamp sounds pretty reasonable to me, and i reckon that muck would come off really easily tbh, is it a regular job?

Awkward one to price mate ,if i was you when nobody is looking get a ladder up and see how easy it is to open the top and get your hand in , that way you will easy be able to see how long it is going to take you .

I doubt it is going to be regular. They ain't been done in a few years so its a once in a blue moon type job I reckon.

I did have a quick go at getting the top off mark, was okay, bit of a stretch to reach the inside of the glass, not sure how great a finish I could get on it. They are also full of dead wasps they want clearing out/ brushed away /emoticons/unsure.png.

thats what i was going to suggest, battery powered car vac, then cloth them, and as cns said, be aware of the electrics

Yea I was thinking that about the car vac mark.

Might just hit them with £6 per lamp, gotta be worth that. Can see it taking 15 mins per lamp as they are rotten.

Are they antique converted gas lamps or just reproduction?

Reason why I ask as if antique the glass might be very fragile to clean. You need to way up the risk involved too as if you break any of them be it fittings, glass etc could be more hassle than it’s worth.

I personally would charge at least £25 per lamp plus get the customer to sign a damage waiver so to cover your ****.

They are reproduction. I have opened one up and they feel sturdy enough.

Just gonna price it the same as I would earn on the windows I guess, it's a nice little estate so if I can get my foot in the door might get some more work from it .

Thanks for the replys/advice.

Paul

spider would do the job,.... a live big one might eat all the dead bugs in them too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back