Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy Wfp Question?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

January I may look to setup up a cheap WFP in one of the vans, but I do mean cheap, so I would like to buy what I can second hand from ebay etc and do it myself.

Here is what I assume I will need;

Flat bed tank

pump

battery

di tank (I am in a soft water area, so no RO, for now anyway)

reel

pole, and brush

• Is there any fittings that I will need?
  • and is there anything there that you wouldn't advise me to buy second hand?
  • Also the one thing I am not to sure on is the pump and battery, could you advise which brand etc is best, and
  • do I need a varistream controller or could I go without that for a bit?

thats the basic of it,

i wouldnt go for a second hand battery tho, never know how well its been looked after, and the last thing you wnat is it dying on you before the end of the day.

this one will be good enough for one pump £48.87 + P&P

http://www.batteries4leisure.co.uk/battery/Lucas-Sealed-Leisure-Battery-75Ah-LL22MF/46/

a controler is better to have on as it will make the pump work less and last longer.

i use a dial controller and that only cost me £20 for it and work great, so you dont need a £100+ one!

Don't buy a second hand pump, huge risk that it will not work properly.

You don't want downtime due to the pump so buy brand new.

Same with the pole, you could end up with spinning sections.

I have a chap bringing in a 400 flat so will ask how much he wants for it.

A 250lt tank would be good enough for a days work even if you do all top windows wfp and all low window trad!

that's makes me think a 175 would be best then. Like I say I will stick mainly to trad, but to keep us on the right side of the law with the HSE I wouldn't mind it for stuff above roofs or any windows I think might be a bit dangerous. Plus if it snows or something like that I can get a little bit more done.

Even with buying DIY kits your looking at a grand :-(, vat is a killer, so I will buy what I can off ebay if I could do a DIY for about £600-£800 then I will likely stick a small system in both vans.

It will be good to advertise to larger commercials as well so not a bad investment. Just wish I did that instead of spending nearly 4k setting up a carpet cleaning business at the start of the year.

Where are you getting those figures from? It cost me £1500 to get my van fitted out and that's with setting it up with a two man set up with 2 pumps, hoses controllers, 250lt tank, battery, poles plus two man set up with full trade gear and safety signs.

I have the 110ah one of those batteries and I have fitted a split relay charger on it and a solar trickle charger.

With its only running one pump now and then you might get away with just the solar trickle charger.

I looked at aqua something, I dont have the link, my other machine is down at the minute, but they were close to £1000 for a 250 flat bed and that was without a pole. Purefredom is about 1k for a system with a pole once vats added. They were both DI only systems, as I am in a soft water area.

oh right, if you only going for a small tank your better of going diy for it and cargo strapping the tanks down

350 L Flat Tank DIY System with 17ft Pole around £750. Does not include battery though.

Price pick up only Stirling.

Wish it was that cheap when I first started /emoticons/smile.png

350 L Flat Tank DIY System with 17ft Pole around £750. Does not include battery though.

Price pick up only Stirling.

Wish it was that cheap when I first started /emoticons/smile.png
What type of pole?

You can make a van system up for next to nothing if you are lucky enough using ebay. Plenty of bargains to be had with ppl upgrading or packing it in especially in the autumn/winter months. For instance I recently got a good condition 400 ltr flat tank off ebay for only £20 local to me. /emoticons/wink.png

You can make a van system up for next to nothing if you are lucky enough using ebay. Plenty of bargains to be had with ppl upgrading or packing it in especially in the autumn/winter months. For instance I recently got a good condition 400 ltr flat tank off ebay for only £20 local to me. /emoticons/wink.png
what a bargain

Hi Jeff, great to see you back on the forum...how are things going for you?

Regarding building a cheap van systems would you like to share your wealth of knowledge what to look out for?

Back