Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thank God!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

thank god, good news at last, van passed its MOT no problems.

now if it passed i was going to buy a facelift pole, but as they are out of stock and not sure when they are coming back in, i have treated myself to a hot water system! so from after this weekend i will be using non stop warm water, now that shouldnt stop me in winter now!!!! lol

Good news! Nice one! How much did that set you back?
Nice 1 rc!! What hot system did you go for?
cheers,

as you guys know im not into the top brand systems and i like my diy and keeping it nice and simple, i have chosen to use an:-

Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater, its cost me £150 delivered! all i need to get is a gas bottle!

Sorry to burst your bubble rc but I've found L5's are **** for wfp work.

Unless you use a high flow rate an L5 will keep cutting out. Setting the temp is near impossible. The builtin 20 min cut out is a pain in the ****. Venting is a big h&s issue too if you intend to mount it in a van. You will see what I mean when you get it setup....Good luck!

Sorry to burst your bubble rc but I've found L5's are **** for wfp work.

Unless you use a high flow rate an L5 will keep cutting out. Setting the temp is near impossible. The builtin 20 min cut out is a pain in the ****. Venting is a big h&s issue too if you intend to mount it in a van. You will see what I mean when you get it setup....Good luck!
I wouldn't of brought one without looking into it.

They work great with the 100psi pumps fitted. The cut out time don't bother me as I never have the water running non stop like all the other wfp. venting is no problem either. A lot of guy and even the big companies use very similar water heaters.

Yes a lot of others use similar water heaters but most that got L5's moved on about 2-3 years ago to use better ones.....

The l5 is the right size for the berlingo van I have. If I went for the bigger one the whole van would have to be gutted and rebuilt to comply with the regulations.

Talking about regs & H&S how are you going to fit your L5 & gas bottle into the van?
on the outside of the van front and back there will be a orange dimond shape to warn that there is gas on board.

the cylinder will be stored in its own seperate container with it being vented at the bottom only.

i have 2 options for the heater at the minute, either on the side of the van just inside of the back doors, or fitted on the back doors, not 100% sure yet until it turns up.

So you will need to keep the doors open for venting either way you mount it then?
yes they will.

ages ago i fitted a Hasp & Staple so that i could run my hoses out of the bottom of the doors and so that i can padlock up the van so no-one can gain access to the back of the van,

Back