Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Freezing Soon Which Heater?

Neil

I remember talking about this on another thread but cant find it and i think rc was saying about that heater from tool station can anyone suggest a good one to leave on in my van over night all night that wont burn my van and keep everything defrosted e.g pump hose water in tank and ro

Can i use that to wrap round my tank and pump and hose ? Or can i just insulate the whole inside of my van (covering the sides bulk head and rear doors or might it still freeze up?

im goign to put it around my buulk head and all the plyline kind of thing

it will help a litle bit /emoticons/smile.png

but am putting a duvet around my tank /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png lol

Top man RC ! Will i need to do anything else to keep my equipment from freezing up and breaking or will this do the trick do you think? Where would you place the heater in my van

Ive just tried to upload a pic but it wont let me for some reason, i have a pic of my set up on the wfp set up comp

Another thing my van is not ply lined so its all bare metal inside so its going to get really cold in my van hopefully this heater should do the trick

Top man RC ! Will i need to do anything else to keep my equipment from freezing up and breaking or will this do the trick do you think? Where would you place the heater in my van
like H said you can get some pipe insulation to put around some pipes

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Construction+Materials/Insulation/Economy+Pipe+Wrap+15mm+x+13mm/d210/sd2738/p57097

old duvet over tank would help a bit

Ive just tried to upload a pic but it wont let me for some reason, i have a pic of my set up on the wfp set up comp
will have a look

if you can, it would be a bit better if you could take reel out of the van each night.

if not, i would put a duvet over the tank and get 2 bits of timber to hold it up over the the equipment at the back

a bit like this tent

rogers_yurts_036.jpg

then place that tube heater under the pump area but keep it about 2-3 inches away from you tank and that should keep it ok, but depends how cold it gets

Could i not wrap the tank up with that tank wrap? But how much would i need as i have a 500litre tank

Could i not wrap the tank up with that tank wrap? But how much would i need as i have a 500litre tank
you could do, but it would cost a lot, i think you would need about 6-7 of the big ones and thats about £90, it would be cheaper to get a couple of duvets and use them.

Back