Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Davidburnleyservices

Website?

Davidburnleyservices

Does anyone have Websites?

And if so does it bring much work in as i have been told to get a nice Website, like of Vista print which is quiet cheap to run.

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Stay away from Vista There robbing *****!.

Vista print give your business a bad image (in my opinion) all there templates have been used millions of times. There is a lot of sites about that are the same. You want something unique. If your site has been SEO then you should do well from it. Ive made more money from my site than Ive paid for it and Ive not even had it a year yet. A few months at most.

My site is in my sig. They guy that made it is on this forum to he does a good deal and makes really nice looking sites.

Smurf

You don't need a fancy looking site as even a basic site will generate business if you get the seo sorted.

Mind you Iain will disagree no dought :D

I for one have had great success from building my own websites which costs nothing to host at http://www.000webhost.com/

Just get yourself a domain name from lcn.com which are cheap as chips then simply change the dns to your 000.webhost.com new domain account. If you don't no code then you can build sites using there own website builder. Simples...

Kips

We've got a reasonable amount of work from our site - about 2 or 3 a month i'd say on average. Made it myself, it's just a wordpress theme...

deno

Stay away from Vista There robbing *****!.

Vista print give your business a bad image (in my opinion) all there templates have been used millions of times. There is a lot of sites about that are the same. You want something unique. If your site has been SEO then you should do well from it. Ive made more money from my site than Ive paid for it and Ive not even had it a year yet. A few months at most.

My site is in my sig. They guy that made it is on this forum to he does a good deal and makes really nice looking sites.

what does SEO mean?

Dodger

what does SEO mean?

Search engine optimised, theres a fair bit to it and I think Iain explains it better than me if he's around.

deno

Search engine optimised, theres a fair bit to it and I think Iain explains it better than me if he's around.

Cheers Dodger

deno

This will help you deno http://support.googl...en&answer=35291

Thanks Smurf

Thats a great Link, I've bookmarked that for future reference, currently having a website built, i've outsourced it to a guy in india, $500 us

so far he's done a good job, we'll see what the final products like!

harunh

i got Iain to do my site :) but before that i had vistaprint... and i got to say vistaprint website was more busy then the website i got now :o:) vistaprint website is good mate no lie... for a starter its very good

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

You don't need a fancy looking site as even a basic site will generate business if you get the seo sorted.

I for one have had great success from building my own websites which costs nothing to host at http://www.000webhost.com/

Just get yourself a domain name from lcn.com which are cheap as chips then simply change the dns to your 000.webhost.com new domain account. If you don't no code then you can build sites using there own website builder. Simples...

It doesnt need to be fancy but it does need to look good and have some decent content on it.

I have a perfect example here.

www.fifewindowcleaner.co.uk Look at that compared to this www.windowcleanersfife.co.uk

Im not one for judging a book by its cover but who would you choose?

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

i got Iain to do my site :) but before that i had vistaprint... and i got to say vistaprint website was more busy then the website i got now :o:) vistaprint website is good mate no lie... for a starter its very good

I think that was down to you putting flyers through doors or you may have had the same problem as me, I was getting a lot of US visitors from my site

Iain

Nope I'm going to agree as this is totally correct. From an SEO point of view it doesn't really matter how the site looks, provided you get the traffic. However, if your site has a good layout and structure, you're more likely to convert visitors into customers.

Iain
Start using your blog H its what it's there for. You'll get more visitors in a few weeks guaranteed.

harunh

Start using your blog H its what it's there for. You'll get more visitors in a few weeks guaranteed.

and say what on it lol

harunh

I think that was down to you putting flyers through doors or you may have had the same problem as me, I was getting a lot of US visitors from my site

thats good why dont u expand to cover all the USA ? ;)

Guest sdrah

hiya

vistaprint website is a ripoff

get a domain from one dot com for 11 quid a year and do it yourself

by the way just finished my own can you guys have a look and let me know if is anything there i should remove ? or replace - like photos or some text etc

thx

www.gu14-cleaning.co.uk

Guest sdrah

£11 a year for a .co.uk domain name :o now that's a ripoff methinks compaired to the likes of lcn.com http://www.lcn.com/domain_names

well yeah - looks cheaper - does the price include the host 2?

anyway 11 a year is not the end of the world i think

Whizz-Bizz

Guys Im just glad Im not the only guy who has a free website after the roasting I took a few weeks back hahahaa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.