Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Tank Security/Safety

vito61

Hi All

Tried to start this thread under the DIY section.

How do you fix your tanks in your vehicles?

What have you found to be simple, cost effective, SAFE?

Lets have your experiences please. (I've described mine under the DIY section)

Thanks. Vito61

I carry 25 l water containers and if going far I tie a cable strap round them all to keep them together,had to brake hard a couple of times and when 25 l hits the back of the chair it makes you think.

LOL it does nearlyclean I've had the same experience as I have no bulkhead in my van hehe.

I did have a quote from facelift for a fitted tank in my Kangoo which I was close to getting, as I apparently could fit a 350litre in it, but decided not to go ahead as of yet as trolley system works pretty sweet and is 1000's cheaper.

I will probably get a fitted 350litre or buy a van prefitted next year. Ad when that happens I'll probably get purefreedom which are cheaper and I trust their equipment too as I've used both, even if it is a drive.

Look on the net and get general quotes off the phone from diff companies, best solution.

I still dont trust any method I have of keeping my cans tied to the floor.

In a crash I would die lol.

Hi All

Tried to start this thread under the DIY section.

How do you fix your tanks in your vehicles?

What have you found to be simple, cost effective, SAFE?

Lets have your experiences please. (I've described mine under the DIY section)

Thanks. Vito61

I use 3 ratchet straps...2 strapping it down and one across, sitting up against a bulk head the other side.

I have a 300l tank, but never drive with it full. Most of the time it's less than 100l full. I have big jobs where I just fill it up on site.

I think the straps would be enough for just 100l.

Epic fails for spamming /emoticons/unsure.png

I use ratchet straps at the moment which I don't really advise to be honest. I'm in the process of sorting out a cage and having it on tracks inside my van.

Latest Posts

Back