Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need To Get An Accountant

harunh

do u pay him jsut for the one time or for 1 years service ?

if so do u pay installments etc ?

I disagree, They guys no there stuff. They know all the ins and outs and all the tricks of the trade
I've still undecided about getting an accountant or not, a few people have said its worth it coz they know their stuff etc. but what do you mean by that? I'm guessing its the expenses side of things you gain on by having an accountant but do they really save you that much money to warrant the initial outlay?

What extra can they save you expenses wise that you can't do yourself?

I've still undecided about getting an accountant or not, a few people have said its worth it coz they know their stuff etc. but what do you mean by that? I'm guessing its the expenses side of things you gain on by having an accountant but do they really save you that much money to warrant the initial outlay?

What extra can they save you expenses wise that you can't do yourself?
Im not sure to be honest. I dont like the though of going a tax return. I would rather leave it to the pros, They guy that does mine goes the extra mile for me. Any and I mean any business advice I need he will help. Hes even phone up council for me a few times. Comes by the house to pick books up. I can phone him on weekend etc for advice or help.

He even knocked 70 quid of my last bill. Im happy paying 300 quid a year to be honest

Its not just knowing what to claim for, but know what you will get away with as well, like what % of your heating bill of your home can you claim as business use. Then there is thresholds, new government policies etc to deal with. Knowing about capital gains, allowances, what level of depreciation to put through on vehicles etc. At least with an accountant, you know that things are done right. That way if you're unlucky enough to get audited, you're not going to have them going back years for something you've been claiming that you shouldn't have.

I disagree, They guys no there stuff. They know all the ins and outs and all the tricks of the trade
I paid an accountant once and it was over 500, so for the last 15 years I saved this amount by doing it myself

i think the right accoutant is a great asset to any business and can save you a lot of money and time ,if you get an audit and your affairs arent in order then you could end up owing a lot of money or worst case end up loosing your business.its a personal choice really ,ive noticed since the recession started a lot of accountants have dropped their rates , in my first year i was paying 500 now i have it down to 240 so thats not even a fiver a week

Tbh when I was self employed as a car detailer for the first 3 years I did the books myself then I had to reg vat. Got an accountant and wished I had from the start I lost so much in those first 3 years it was un believable, pay the going rate it's worth it in the end!! GF

Dont think about doing it yourself a accountant will save you loads he /she knows best .If you want to save yourself a few pounds put your bills and invoice etc in correct date order this will save him /she time which will reduce your bill.

Dont think about doing it yourself a accountant will save you loads he /she knows best .If you want to save yourself a few pounds put your bills and invoice etc in correct date order this will save him /she time which will reduce your bill.
I sort them in to months, then have the categorised. Personal preference, I like to know where my moneys going and how much im spending on certain things.

C n s you not trading yet mate I though with all them posts you was an old hand lol!!

Good luck when you do mate, hard work at the beginning but well worth it! GF

thats what i thought aswell mate its a load of headache doing it yaself inih mate

C n s you not trading yet mate I though with all them posts you was an old hand lol!!
Good luck when you do mate, hard work at the beginning but well worth it! GF
GF, as you may have noticed I like to be well prepared /emoticons/tongue.png

Wish I could start now but my day job and home commitments mean a feb start (canvassing etc will start in jan)

But the way the current job is looking, I may be starting sooner than I thought lol

I doubt my uncle will do the accounts for free, even at a reduced price, his rates are high lol

GF, as you may have noticed I like to be well prepared /emoticons/tongue.png

Wish I could start now but my day job and home commitments mean a feb start (canvassing etc will start in jan)

But the way the current job is looking, I may be starting sooner than I thought lol

I doubt my uncle will do the accounts for free, even at a reduced price, his rates are high lol
Free window clean for life?

Free window clean for life?
Lol I ain't goin into central London for that,

Although I'm not Gona lie, I was in London the other day and noticed all the shop windows near Harrods were filthy and wondered if it would be worth getting some work there and doing it in one day and get the train there lol

Latest Posts

Back