Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harunh

Need To Get An Accountant

harunh

do u pay him jsut for the one time or for 1 years service ?

if so do u pay installments etc ?

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I pay him one off fee after he does my return. Costs me 300 a year most will let you pay in instalments though

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

or just do it yourself, there is no real need for one

I disagree, They guys no there stuff. They know all the ins and outs and all the tricks of the trade

paulio

I disagree, They guys no there stuff. They know all the ins and outs and all the tricks of the trade

I've still undecided about getting an accountant or not, a few people have said its worth it coz they know their stuff etc. but what do you mean by that? I'm guessing its the expenses side of things you gain on by having an accountant but do they really save you that much money to warrant the initial outlay?

What extra can they save you expenses wise that you can't do yourself?

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I've still undecided about getting an accountant or not, a few people have said its worth it coz they know their stuff etc. but what do you mean by that? I'm guessing its the expenses side of things you gain on by having an accountant but do they really save you that much money to warrant the initial outlay?

What extra can they save you expenses wise that you can't do yourself?

Im not sure to be honest. I dont like the though of going a tax return. I would rather leave it to the pros, They guy that does mine goes the extra mile for me. Any and I mean any business advice I need he will help. Hes even phone up council for me a few times. Comes by the house to pick books up. I can phone him on weekend etc for advice or help.

He even knocked 70 quid of my last bill. Im happy paying 300 quid a year to be honest

laddergarder

Its not just knowing what to claim for, but know what you will get away with as well, like what % of your heating bill of your home can you claim as business use. Then there is thresholds, new government policies etc to deal with. Knowing about capital gains, allowances, what level of depreciation to put through on vehicles etc. At least with an accountant, you know that things are done right. That way if you're unlucky enough to get audited, you're not going to have them going back years for something you've been claiming that you shouldn't have.

rcproperty

I paid an accountant once and it was over 500, so for the last 15 years I saved this amount by doing it myself

mr shine

i think the right accoutant is a great asset to any business and can save you a lot of money and time ,if you get an audit and your affairs arent in order then you could end up owing a lot of money or worst case end up loosing your business.its a personal choice really ,ive noticed since the recession started a lot of accountants have dropped their rates , in my first year i was paying 500 now i have it down to 240 so thats not even a fiver a week

Gushysfella

Tbh when I was self employed as a car detailer for the first 3 years I did the books myself then I had to reg vat. Got an accountant and wished I had from the start I lost so much in those first 3 years it was un believable, pay the going rate it's worth it in the end!! GF

CNS-southwest

My uncles is an accountant so I may ask him. In that case

mark m

Dont think about doing it yourself a accountant will save you loads he /she knows best .If you want to save yourself a few pounds put your bills and invoice etc in correct date order this will save him /she time which will reduce your bill.

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Dont think about doing it yourself a accountant will save you loads he /she knows best .If you want to save yourself a few pounds put your bills and invoice etc in correct date order this will save him /she time which will reduce your bill.

I sort them in to months, then have the categorised. Personal preference, I like to know where my moneys going and how much im spending on certain things.

Gushysfella

C n s you not trading yet mate I though with all them posts you was an old hand lol!!

Good luck when you do mate, hard work at the beginning but well worth it! GF

harunh

thats what i thought aswell mate its a load of headache doing it yaself inih mate

CNS-southwest
C n s you not trading yet mate I though with all them posts you was an old hand lol!!

Good luck when you do mate, hard work at the beginning but well worth it! GF

GF, as you may have noticed I like to be well prepared :P

Wish I could start now but my day job and home commitments mean a feb start (canvassing etc will start in jan)

But the way the current job is looking, I may be starting sooner than I thought lol

I doubt my uncle will do the accounts for free, even at a reduced price, his rates are high lol

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

GF, as you may have noticed I like to be well prepared :P

Wish I could start now but my day job and home commitments mean a feb start (canvassing etc will start in jan)

But the way the current job is looking, I may be starting sooner than I thought lol

I doubt my uncle will do the accounts for free, even at a reduced price, his rates are high lol

Free window clean for life?

CNS-southwest

Free window clean for life?

Lol I ain't goin into central London for that,

Although I'm not Gona lie, I was in London the other day and noticed all the shop windows near Harrods were filthy and wondered if it would be worth getting some work there and doing it in one day and get the train there lol

harunh

i been in a lot of shops and asked if they needed a cleaner and ive got like 10 shops by doing this :) it works :) trust me

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

i been in a lot of shops and asked if they needed a cleaner and ive got like 10 shops by doing this :) it works :) trust me

I plan on doing this in February. Ive got 2 commercial job, Well what I class as commercials. That I can use as reference's. Two well known names. All I need is 5mill cover and Ill have the balls to go in to big shops and try get some work.

Im thikning about applying for the ''safe contractors scheme'' as well. This will just and the cherry on the cake. lol

I think If I went in there empty handed I would just look like your average joe. I think first impressions are everything. I want to stand out from all the other guys

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.