Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Minimum Wage Of £6.19

laddergarder

Just thought I would post this up for info for anyone else out there who employ staff. But in fairness it affects everyone nonetheless as we all want to afford ourselves the same benefits that any employee would get.

Effective as of the 1/10, £6.19 for anyone over the age of 21.

I don't think it will affect me until 2015, they are rolling this out in stages, from large companies to small ones. Either way its going to be expensive, and allot of products and services are going to be marked up to allow employers to afford this. It is fine if an employee want to pay part of their wage into a pension, but why are employers been forced to contribute to their pensions as well.

Large scale manufacturers will be moving more and more of their operations abroad, if they keep making it harder and more expensive to employ staff in this country. This one will definitely not help the economy. What also annoys me about this one, is where is the guarantees that someone who opts out will get a lower state pension, than someone who opts in, and pays into it there whole life. How much more will they get of a pension? nobody has a clue.

Its just another tax, with a new name, arge /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't think it will affect me until 2015, they are rolling this out in stages, from large companies to small ones. Either way its going to be expensive, and allot of products and services are going to be marked up to allow employers to afford this. It is fine if an employee want to pay part of their wage into a pension, but why are employers been forced to contribute to their pensions as well.

Large scale manufacturers will be moving more and more of their operations abroad, if they keep making it harder and more expensive to employ staff in this country. This one will definitely not help the economy. What also annoys me about this one, is where is the guarantees that someone who opts out will get a lower state pension, than someone who opts in, and pays into it there whole life. How much more will they get of a pension? nobody has a clue.

Its just another tax, with a new name, arge /emoticons/biggrin.png
I totally agree Ladder.

At the end of the day if you dont contribute to a private pension who is going to keep you ?

the government ! regardless of if you have paid into a pension or not , you have paid ya stamp so that entitles you to a pension .

when this comes into play and effects me, im just going to make staff all self employed and tresat them as sub-contractors, that way i'll get away with it

when this comes into play and effects me, im just going to make staff all self employed and tresat them as sub-contractors, that way i'll get away with it
but wouldn't that make your insurance more expensive, also making expense for pension less expensive from self contractor insurance ????? i would say that there wage was 6.19 we will add ten pence to the pension scheme if that's even possible.

also the TORY government are sending us back in the 80S not the 120th not the 21st century its a shame they even trying ripping up the NHS

but wouldn't that make your insurance more expensive, also making expense for pension less expensive from self contractor insurance ????? i would say that there wage was 6.19 we will add ten pence to the pension scheme if that's even possible.

also the TORY government are sending us back in the 80S not the 120th not the 21st century its a shame they even trying ripping up the NHS

it will make the insurance cheaper as i wont need the employees insurance, having the employees insurance has taken my insurance from £120 a year to £460 a year! the self employed person will have to have there own insurance.

it will make the insurance cheaper as i wont need the employees insurance, having the employees insurance has taken my insurance from £120 a year to £460 a year! the self employed person will have to have there own insurance.
but that means the self employed person is called a contractor ???

its ok iv answerewed my own question stupid of me lol

Self-Employed

As a Self-Employed person – you can be called a Freelancer, Sole Trader, Contractor or limeted company . The self-employed have very few employment rights at present.

but my company is fully insured but not for sub contractors or self employed etc you insurance will go up i would recommend that you check with your insurance company first. or insurance documents like iv did today as some wording missing out of it thats make me liable i

but that means the self employed person is called a contractor ???
no he will just be a self employed. the just invoices me for the 'wages' each week,

i would be the contractor in a way

this is how my dad used to do it with me to save a lot of time and money

Does that mean I can give myself a payrise now :rolleyes:

Just thought I would post this up for info for anyone else out there who employ staff. But in fairness it affects everyone nonetheless as we all want to afford ourselves the same benefits that any employee would get.

Surely everyone is paying their window cleaners more than that? We can't get new window cleaners for love nor money, and we already pay more than that and we have a non-contributory system where we pay into a personal pension scheme for each of our workers.

Latest Posts

Back