Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning In Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cwill83247

Guys I am thinking of trying to do the gutter cleaning during winter to compensate for bad weather and customers who don't like windows cleaned in the rain .. Do any of u guys do the same

How much do u typically charge for 3 bed semi ?

How long does gutter cleaning demand last I don't want to buy all the gear and find I have missed the boat .. Thanks for any help .. Sorry if posted in wrong bit

I would clean gutters anytime, but personally, I prefer to do it when the gutters are dried out, as its easier to remove dust/dirt than mud. If you buy the gear it will come in handy, either way. To give you a rough idea, for a typical sized semi, we charge £10 per side. Others maybe be different across the country, but if I was just 2 sides, front and back. Possibly move the ladder 3/4 times. each side. I would charge £20. Could take anywhere between 40 mins to an hour.

You could go out and buy, gutter vacs etc, but unless you are intending on doing large commercial buildings, I would just buy stand offs, a scoop, pair of rubber gloves, and a bucket. Will cost you about £40. You can buy a good little scoop from WCW. I would also recommend buying a narrow brush as well.

We use a clark vacuum, and have a minimum £50 charge which will equate to two sides.

Here is link for the vac systems www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk

If the guttering is still frozen then you have no hope in hell in clearing it out using a guttervac /emoticons/biggrin.png

Can you guess what the hose is for in me pic? I'm sure rc would know as he has just stuck one in his van /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anyhow autumn is one of the busiest times of the year for gutter clearing....Go figure :rolleyes:

With all the leaves of the trees I think it would be a good marketing angle. My main issue with vacs is that they are fairly expensive bits of kit and not suitable for every job. I have done a few domestic jobs that these machines would be pointless, as there is just not enough space, due to the slates hang over the gutter quite a bit.

I don't know how good they, but if the gutters are quite bad, (and I have done a few, where you are heaving out great lumps of gutter shaped soil, held together with the roots of dozens of weeds and grass.) I would be surprised if a gutter vac would lift any of that out.

Tbh I was thinking of going down the gutter vac route I was going to hook up a camera and charge say 20quid for inspecting and then extra 15 if they need cleaning so 35 total for front and back does that seem about right

These are guesstimates

Regarding cost all depends how awkward the job is and how bad the gutters are...£20 for an inspection? /emoticons/ohmy.png

Tbh I was thinking of going down the gutter vac route I was going to hook up a camera and charge say 20quid for inspecting and then extra 15 if they need cleaning so 35 total for front and back does that seem about right

These are guesstimates

With all the leaves of the trees I think it would be a good marketing angle. My main issue with vacs is that they are fairly expensive bits of kit and not suitable for every job. I have done a few domestic jobs that these machines would be pointless, as there is just not enough space, due to the slates hang over the gutter quite a bit.

I don't know how good they, but if the gutters are quite bad, (and I have done a few, where you are heaving out great lumps of gutter shaped soil, held together with the roots of dozens of weeds and grass.) I would be surprised if a gutter vac would lift any of that out.
I agree, I think its pointless doing small domestic homes with the vac, I got mine for 3 story and awkward houses. Ive still yet to buy the poles lol. Im just waiting till a job pops up. All you need is 2-4 jobs and it will pay for its self.

Good luck trying to do 3 storey houses mate using a guttervac as can be a pain in the **** and bloody hard work at that height. :rolleyes:

I take it 20quid for inspection is seen as steep.. I thought it was better to have 1 charge for inspection and then add extra for cleaning rather than charge all customers for cleaning if not required .. Smurf you have got me thinking should I start lower thanks all really useful comments

Most ppl that contact me are already aware that their guttering has a problem. I don't charge for a gutter inspection at all as I offer a free quote which includes a site survey.

If you intend to go door knocking etc then charging £10 per inspection surely that would put ppl off straight away? Likewise if their guttering doesn’t need clearing just tell them as you should not rip ppl off… Simples

This time of year when the temp drops down below freezing at nightime rather than struggle with frozen gutters I go out when the temp rises and guttering starts to thaw like today so will be going out later about 12:30 today to start my jobs booked in for today /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back