Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Sidetrack Review

Belfastcleaning

Product name:tecbuk sidetrack

Where to get it:wfp-brush.co.uk

Rating out of 10: 10

Review: the tecbuk sidetrack is a solid, quality made piece of kit. My reason for buying this is I have a lot of houses with extensions/conservatories, with windows above. Some I can get going straight over, but some I need to take from either side at angles.. But my problem is trying to reach the furtherest top corners.. Having to hold the pole high above my head so it's nearly horizontal just to try and get into those corners.. The tecbuk sidetrack allows me to hold the pole at angles and keeps the brush straight ( horizontal like it was a normal window ) and I feel that I'm cleaning the window properly and getting into every corner..

Now before I bought the sidetrack, I tried the gardiners resi neck with swivel. This is for the same purpose, windows. But I found with the gardiners that I could not go at speed, times it wanted to flip itself over, hard to control, hard to straighten brush again, many times Iv banged people windows with the back of the angle adapter as it forced my pole to spin.. I got fed up changing it around after I had used it on the mentioned windows as I just could not keep it on all day. I found myself not using it anymore for these reasons.. So decided to try the tecbuk sidetrack.

The sidetrack works a lot better. I had kept it on for 2 full days on the pole. For the windows over roofs etc it works brilliant. It dosent take anymore pressure than normal to make the brush adjust into the angles to keep it horizontal. Nor does it take anymore time or messing about trying to get it straight again. It won't move when you don't want it to. For just normal tops I was able to work at my regular speed without the worry of it spinning around and banging the glass. For big panes instead of stepping side to side you can stay in one spot and let the sidetrack keep the brush horizontal.

It is hard to explain and probably harder for you understand what I am explaining but it just feels great having the ability to swivel the brush.

Hope i covered it all, But I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone who uses tecbuk brushes. ( not sure if it can be used on other brands of brushes as its built to fit on to the tecbuk brush stock screws )

Price, quality and customer service is 2nd to none.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Photos:

View attachment 1066View attachment 1067View attachment 1068View attachment 1069View attachment 1070View attachment 1071

View attachment 733

View attachment 734

View attachment 735

View attachment 736

View attachment 737

View attachment 738

Nice review belfast, i've just placed an order for one along with a couple of tecbuk brushes, all i need now is a pole and a ro/di unit, lol

Yesh good review same as i got gardiners resi neck swivel looks good in video but Alex is pulling our legs twists and turns complete nightmare to control waste of a tenner so 10 outer 10 gotta be worth a try

Gary, the Sidetrack is different as it is a brush attachment - this means it turns a brush into a genuine pivoting brush - Gardiner's are pivoting angle adapters, so it is different.

If it’s ok with the moderators, I will give the forum members a discount on the SideTrack.

The SideTrack is usually £24.95 plus postage cost. If any forum member wants to try it, forum members can have it £17.95 and free postage. Email me at richard.sorrell@ntlworldcom I can send you a paypal invoice.

The base of the SideTrack is solid Aluminum and can be attached with screws to any flat surface on any other brush, besides the Tecbuk brushes.

Cheers, Richard

OK...this may be a silly question, but it is ME asking after-all /emoticons/biggrin.png .....

Could the 'Sidetrack' be left attached permanently for all work, or is it advisable to change back to a fixed brush attachment for 'normal' work.

I did say it may be a silly question :huh: .

i keep the side track on all day.. its easy to control, and you can continue to work fast

when i had the gardiners resi neck, i use to take it off after a short while as it got annoying when it wasnt needed

may i add, its good for large large windows, where you can stand in one spot, instead of walking side to side, and let the sidetrack swivel the brush so you can get right into the corners

Cheers Belfast.

That's what I wanted to hear /emoticons/smile.png.

Looks like I'l soonl be getting the brushes and the sidetrack in that case.

Good review! I seem to think from another thread that you have 3 of the tecbuk brushes Belfast, which brush do you use for maintenance cleans? How do you find cleaning the sills? I use a Gardiners dual trim sill brush at the moment and like the fact that it cleans the sills easily without much risk of scraping the sill with the brush stock. It needs replacing though as at one side of the brush the bristles no longer splay outward. I tried the put it in boiling water tip but to no avail. I would like a range of the tecbuk brushes but want to try a maintenance brush first to see how I get on with them. The sidetrack looks good, I too use the gardiners swivel so am looking forward to seeing how it compares.

Good review! I seem to think from another thread that you have 3 of the tecbuk brushes Belfast, which brush do you use for maintenance cleans? How do you find cleaning the sills? I use a Gardiners dual trim sill brush at the moment and like the fact that it cleans the sills easily without much risk of scraping the sill with the brush stock. It needs replacing though as at one side of the brush the bristles no longer splay outward. I tried the put it in boiling water tip but to no avail. I would like a range of the tecbuk brushes but want to try a maintenance brush first to see how I get on with them. The sidetrack looks good, I too use the gardiners swivel so am looking forward to seeing how it compares.
I'm looking at my first order (brush & sidetrack) and asked Richard this morning which was best for maintenance cleans, either the 100% Red polyester monofilament or the Hybrid that we're trialing so you'll be able to try it yourself soon mate.

Back