Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protect Water Fed Equipment During Winter

iluvwindows

Hi all

Whats the best way to protect your ro and di and water fed equipment during winter, I have heard they they can crack when the temperature drops below -0

You can wrap insulation round each of the pre filters and didn't bottle and like Matty said oil filled rad or other types of electric heaters,

and run an extension from the house to power it??

I would think so. So that rules me out. Any other suggestions?

and run an extension from the house to power it??

I would think so. So that rules me out. Any other suggestions?
If you cant get power to the van, there isn't much you can do, apart from covering with quilts etc to try your best.

You could always consider getting a greenhouse type propane frost heater I suppose if power is an issue.

You could always consider getting a greenhouse type propane frost heater I suppose if power is an issue.
Problem with them that you have a the problem with soot from it, fumes from it burning, the flame itself.

Plus they don't really give out that much heat.

how effective are quilts? have you tried?
I expect if they was nice thick ones then they might make a bit of difference. I personally haven't tried it, a guy I know used one on his trailer that he had fitted out for wfp, it kept the frost off the tank but when it got really cold it didn't help much.

As rc said. It'll keep the nip off for early zeros, but if the temp sustains it'll succomb to it. Odd nights you'll likely get away with it, well that's what I've found.

If you cant get power to the van, there isn't much you can do, apart from covering with quilts etc to try your best.
This is what I have to do. I have issues with the cold weather, hoping to sort it this year when my inverter arrives :)

Back