Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Pencil jets or fan jets?

Guest colinvansmith

Guest colinvansmith

I currently use pencil jets with my wfp. I have tried fan jets but the shurflo pump didn't seem to have enough pressure to create a decent fan with the fan jet.

What do you guys use?

Can anyone recommend a good fan jet brush that is lite or a dual brush with both types of jets?

Never used fan jets, I figure if something aint broke don't fix it.

I see no way a fan jet would quicken my clean, and I very rarely get complaints so no need to change.

If in your research you find it's better in your opinion then let me know surely.

I figured pressure would be a problem though.

i Use fan jets all the time now. Took me a while to get used to them and adjust the way i clean/rinse but i really like them saves me a lot of time and water especialy on glass the beads rather than sheets the water.

I use the ones from Gardiner pole systems and put them in my superlite brushes just have to drill the hole bigger.

• 3 months later...

now using pencils, used fans for 2 and half yrs. never had a prob with blockage but have also heard that, can get interference from bristles more though, but do get it with pencils too. i think you use a bit less water with fans, not sure yet. also not sure if there's any superiority result wise, but fans sound like they rinse better :)

only reason i use pencils is the brush i've bought is with them, gardiners sill, was going to buy the push fit fan jets as well but have heard they break, which is a shame, be good to be able to change between the 2 on the same brush

I use fan jets but have turned into pencil jets for some reason :/ they aren't even blocked which is strange, I can't work it out. They are fitted in my Gardiner Lite Medium Dual Trim Brush, anyone got any suggestions on this?

But yeah, I would never go back to pencil jets, fan jets give a much wider area to cover and gives windows a much better rinse.

James.

that's where speed over water comes in, the adage is 'a quick worker will waste time, a slow worker will waste water' in relevance to water flow. try measuring how much water you get on either setting. but if you want fans you'll need so much pressure to get the spray, but the sound it makes may make you think there's more spewing out than there is

don't have one mate, just a pump with a by pass looped in and a handle. but i think the general aim is about a litre per min. i usually get best speed for water at around 1.2 ltrs per min. i think i read hinty is about 1.4, and he seems pretty clued in. and the 1.2 was on fans, not measured on pencils so may be a bit more

just fire water into a bucket for 30 secs, pour into a measuring jug and double it for you lpm. you then get the idea from where the handle is set at, albeit a rough guide. when using 25 ltr drums also helps you guage it by how long it lasts

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.