Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Door Knocking

Neil

Im going to go door knocking 2mora i normally just put leaflets through the letter box but from reading people topics about knocking on doors im going to give it a try , very nervous though! /emoticons/unsure.png

i wish i did this in the light nights,,, people not answering after a certain time, but im glad i went 2nite, got £56 4 weekly work. half of area still out. finished @ 7pm, clean them 2morrow to get established in that area, others may ask when see me working. every one is wanting 1 monthly cleans, better than nothing. get them cleaned b4 the regular windy decides some one on patch and decide to go canvassing.

i wish i did this in the light nights,,, people not answering after a certain time, but im glad i went 2nite, got £56 4 weekly work. half of area still out. finished @ 7pm, clean them 2morrow to get established in that area, others may ask when see me working. every one is wanting 1 monthly cleans, better than nothing. get them cleaned b4 the regular windy decides some one on patch and decide to go canvassing.
thats good going mate , feel bit excited at the same time /emoticons/smile.png when you want to give them the quote do you ask if you can have a look round the back of the property or do you just ask how many windows they have ?

thats good going mate , feel bit excited at the same time /emoticons/smile.png when you want to give them the quote do you ask if you can have a look round the back of the property or do you just ask how many windows they have ?
Always ask to have a look at the backs. If you just ask how many windows they have, most will tell you they have less than they really have.

Best wishes,

John

just ask them is yo ur back gate open theyll say yeah just say u dont mind if pop round do u /emoticons/smile.png theyll b like oh no no /emoticons/smile.png then just go and have a look and just tell them how much /emoticons/smile.png simple /emoticons/tongue.png dont ever ask how many windows they got lol.... cos theyll be like.. i got small 1 then a double one then ive got one near it etc... plus... u wanna see for yourself.... your going to be working on it so u need to see it .... dont ever give a price without seeing the windows cos u may price it up wrong.... and that is the worst thing to do /emoticons/smile.png

so make sure u always check regardless /emoticons/smile.png

Knock knock..

Hello, I'm in Your area every 4 weeks cleaning windows, and I'm wondering if you'd be interested in a quote for yours?

No thank... I say ok, here's a flyer if you change your mind

No we have one... I say no problem, thank you.. I don't give them a flyer

How much is it.... Emm, could you show me round the back?

Oohh yes please... When they say that with a happy face you know you've more than likely already got the job as long as you don't go crazy with the price..

What is the best start up point when they answer the door?
''Hi there sorry to bother you, I was just wondering if you had a window cleaner at the moment?''

''Yes'' ''Okay sorry to bother you, Have a nice evening'' - Then leave.

''No'' ''I can give you a quote now if you like? Is it okay if I go round the back and have a look at your property?''

Worked for me when I went out.

just ask them is yo ur back gate open theyll say yeah just say u dont mind if pop round do u /emoticons/smile.png theyll b like oh no no /emoticons/smile.png then just go and have a look and just tell them how much /emoticons/smile.png simple /emoticons/tongue.png dont ever ask how many windows they got lol.... cos theyll be like.. i got small 1 then a double one then ive got one near it etc... plus... u wanna see for yourself.... your going to be working on it so u need to see it .... dont ever give a price without seeing the windows cos u may price it up wrong.... and that is the worst thing to do /emoticons/smile.png

so make sure u always check regardless /emoticons/smile.png
Remember and put a smile on your face after following each of H actions or it wont work lol

knock knock, hello madam, oops your bathrobe has just droped off , wheres your underwear, wishfull thinking. lol

been doing new round from 9.30 - 2 -30, picked up xtra 3 customers. xtra days work thank god. got a bungalow gutter job £30 brill. Smurf used virosol on a well stained bat window top, tried using soapy pad first no thankyou, sprayed with virosol just wiped off with big sponge and dried off so easy. she wasnt i to see my techniqe to be impressed. when i first seen it she said her hubby said i would need a pressure washer.

Just got in from knocking , didn't get one customer a lot of the replies i was getting was "sorry I've already got one" , so i just have to go to a different area i think as that window cleaner might get a bit peed off with me lol, one customer did say to me "whats your rates?" But he already had a window cleaner so i said to him i wouldn't like to tread on other window cleaners turfs , he said "ok but i will take a leaflet anyway ". That way i cant get in trouble

been doing new round from 9.30 - 2 -30, picked up xtra 3 customers. xtra days work thank god. got a bungalow gutter job £30 brill. Smurf used virosol on a well stained bat window top, tried using soapy pad first no thankyou, sprayed with virosol just wiped off with big sponge and dried off so easy. she wasnt i to see my techniqe to be impressed. when i first seen it she said her hubby said i would need a pressure washer.
i might buy some of that stuff whats it for can u use it on conservatory frames on the roof? And what if it goes on the windows does it stain or smear them? Can u use it on white gutters and cladding? One more thing how would u use it, would i put the virosol on my water fed pole brush if i had high cleaning to do ?Sorry for all the questions lol

just dilute it, spray over dirty white upvc dry off gleaming ,if i was using wfp brush for this work i d have one seperate brush for these jobs with chemicals. be carefull when spraying it can drift into your face and eyes. as happened tome today, ill be more carefull next time, got some frames to clean.

I dont think ive got the balls to go cold calling, im okay with commercial gaffs but joe public thats a different ball game i know i would be nervous as a cat never had to do it before in 98 but now cold calling. /emoticons/ohmy.png

Latest Posts

Back