Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice Needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

Hi, I'm thinking off buying something on the scale off a l200 or navara truck, I've had a discussion today with a mate and he thinks that there's an ongoing argument with the inland revenue as to wether I they are classed as a wok vehicle or a car?

So does anybody run the round using a pick up truck? And can you claim full expenses on it

Cheers

Its murky water in some circumstances, and depends on why your asking. Do you mean to claim vat back on the purchase of it, or for claiming your fuel, capital allowances etc. In any case, call HMRC and ask the question, that way its from the horses mouth. I know if I was vat registered which I am not, I would be able to claim vat on the purchases or my kangoo estate cars, because I have blacked out the windows, but if I didn't do that, then I couldn't because they are registered as cars.

Ether way I had l200 animal while I was car detailing after I got rid of a trublsome van and it was sh*t!! Turning circle of a jumbo jet! To high to get stuff out back. Heavy on front tyres and fuel expensive parts and you look like you can't afford a hilux!

But best of luck with the tax man. GF

Latest Posts

Back