Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sealskinz Review

Gmeister

Product Name: Sealskin Gloves

Where to get it: www.amazon.co.uk

Your rating out of 10: 8

Review:

I Was window cleaning this morning was freezing(I thoughtso lol I am skinny haha)

I was cold while on the ladder, but moving from house to house seemed fine.

My hands were getting cold and numb especially holding a sqeegee(I have the S type not that the rubber on it made any difference as the handle was still cold!)

Went home for lunch, and picked up my gloves, wasnt sure about using these as alot on this forum said its hard to detail and it is lol!

But kept my hands warmer, and even though they were getting damp from water in bucket/detailing, my hands and fingers were not getting wet!

Today was the first time I wore them, for working, I have warn them before, there good at what they do, ifs its really cold then eventually you will feel it, but then again they are not made for artic weather, classed at level 2(level 5 for artic weather)

RRP at around £30 to £45(you get different kinds) I got the normal ones with grips on them. For something between £15 - £22 on Amazon!

I use sealskinz, be really carefull taking them on and off as the waterproof lining in them is pretty thin - about as thin as a plastic bag. I've cut the fingertips off mine too as over time they get frayed and rip up a bit - I've noticed sealskinz now do some 'cut resistant' ones so I might try them next time I buy a pair and see if they are more resiliant.

But yeah they're good, and warm!

I have had my sealskinz for about a year now and they are starting to wear quite badly on some of the finger ends. That said, I dont think they are made for this kind of work . They are excellent for detailing work and do help to keep your hands warm and dry. Just dont expect them to last for years. As Kips said, they also do a heavy duty version. I will be ordering some of those in the next couple of weeks.

Oh!...I also brought some silk glove liners off of ammazon the other week...very good for wearing under your sealskinz, though quite delicate.

i just wear normal work gloves my hands dont get wet as i use a spray bottle and never really need to detail now,only wear gloves this timeof year as the ladders are mega cold!!

will have to see if i can borrow smurfs wooden ladder :lol:

710111.jpg

I can say after a long tough season, these sealskins have served me well!

They are starting to fall apart with holes in them, and fraying apart.

But am not worried, should soon be warming up, and can throw these gloves away, by the time it starts getting cold again will have to order another pair.

they look bery strong and good

summers here now tho... so to late to but gloves lol

ive worked all winter without them anyway even in the snow lol

I found sealskins great for about a week then they start to disintegrate rapidly! Also didn't find them suitable to keep hands warm in even mild winter weather!

well thanks for bringing up gloves in the middle of summer....but hey ...suppose i had better get an order in...i suffer from..whatever its called and so need them soon...you know where your fingers go.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i go through gloves like there is no tomorrow....what the hell does that mean...okay they dont last long with me......

Back