Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gleam123

Ok as some of you may know ive been windowcleaning since August time and my round has built up slowly. I havent got the biggest system in the world just a 350ltr tank and a 20 odd foot pole.

A hotel has asked for a quote which I obviously agreed to but im a little bit panicky that I wont be able to do the job for a few reasons.

Number 1. Its quite a big hotel and im doubt my tank would be big enough.

Number 2. Its a little bit of a drive from me and usually every***ht I put the battery on charge so its ready for the morning, if my battery runs out which is possible as its such a big hotel then im going to look like a fool.

Any advice to these problems?

Ok as some of you may know ive been windowcleaning since August time and my round has built up slowly. I havent got the biggest system in the world just a 350ltr tank and a 20 odd foot pole.

A hotel has asked for a quote which I obviously agreed to but im a little bit panicky that I wont be able to do the job for a few reasons.

Number 1. Its quite a big hotel and im doubt my tank would be big enough.

Number 2. Its a little bit of a drive from me and usually every***ht I put the battery on charge so its ready for the morning, if my battery runs out which is possible as its such a big hotel then im going to look like a fool.

Any advice to these problems?
If you are worried about running out of water - you could start with the upstairs, then do the bottom by hand if needed.

Would probably be better to get hold of a DI resin vessel - with standard hose fittings, although more expensive to produce water - it would save on costs of diesel etc. and as it is a big job then you could swallow the costs on the first clean - and have extra kit for the future.

As far as the battery goes, you could run the van for a while, take a charger with you - as you may be able to plug in, or best option - take a spare battery - if you were to get a battery booster pack (£20 - £30 off ebay) you would have it either to start the van if it got low, or you could use it to power the pump leaving the main battery alone. (If you go for one of these - look to see the size of the battery - I think they are about 16 - 17 AH, which would be more than enough).

In reality you will probably find the battery is fine, but it is better to cover yourself.

Hope it goes well for you.

Dave

Thanks for the advice Dave,

Ive hooked up a charger from the ciggarette lighter to my battery so when the engine is on the battery will be fine so thats not my main issue really because like you say I could always take another battery.

The lack of water is my only issue really, I have two DI vessels in the back but im not comfortable with askign the hotel would they mind me filling it up there

Good advice from hinty but like ricoclay says worry about it when you win the job,most people are reasonable and will let use their water supply,write it into the contract agreement

I also run 350 ltr tank. I find I can do most of the week, probably 3-4 tanks on 1 charged battery (85 amp leisure battery in a streambox). I've also recently reduced my variflo down to 50 from 60, this has really made a difference to water consumption without any loss in quality/time taken.

Just another point. I try to keep my work as local as possible. When I first started I was traveling quite a bit (10-12 mile radius of home) but over the years I pulled round closer to home. This was to the point that one car I had for work only did 2500-3000 miles between m.o.t's! If you look as you drive you will probably see loads of work that you could be doing, Get that and you will save fuel, wear and tear, time and the environment!

Back