Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Impact 43 Window Cleaning Training.

rcproperty

i thought i would kick start this off, as most people im sure would of voted me to start it off! lol

this is a great course to go on and it covers a lot of Health and Safety area's.

The QCF City & Guilds Level 1 & 2 Window Cleaning is made up of:

WORKSHOP DAY 1

Understanding Health and Safety.

(How it effect’s window cleaners) 

Hazard and Risk Assessment Made EASY

Domestic residential template included

Brand and marketing

WORKSHOP DAY 2

Cleaning Glazed Surfaces and Facades

Chemicals, restoration and general cleaning 

Includes practical assessments on using traditional hand tools, extension poles,

Selection, inspection and safe use of water fed pole.
(practical training)

WORKSHOP DAY 3

Working at Height

(How the law effect’s window cleaners)

Theory workshop on selection, inspection and safe use of ladders *

Tools used at height including Gutter vacuums *

Organization and good planning

Communication skills and working as a team. 

WORKSHOP DAY 4

Practical competency assessments

Developing customer services

Handling and stream lining paper work

Internal cleaning systems

Gutter Vacuum Cleaning

Additional Certification (Optional)

(practical assessment and certification)*

Ladder training

Water fed pole plus

Gutter vacuum

As a QCF Candidate these three practical assessments for competency assessment and certification have been discounted to a total cost of £100 + vat for all three certificates

This certification is a legal requirement under PUWER 1998 “Includes sole traders”

You can book your place online at
www.training43.com or call Gary in the office on 01205 364333!

So rc what did you learn that you did not know already?
A lot really, it's surprising what there is to know that people don't know! Especially if the worst happens and you got taken to court and what you had to prove to make sure you are innocent and you have everything in place etc etc

So not much then :rolleyes:

I’ve insurance for that and as far as H&S I would like to think I pretty switch on as far as documentation to cover my own ****.
OK let's see then, just say for some reason that you ladders did slip or something that caused you to fall off and ladders hit some public. One thong they would ask for is the ladder inspection documents for the last year, and ask to see the ladder inspection tags that's ment to be on every ladder you use and then the ladder training certificate.

Could you provide all those?

Do you legaly need to provide this?
its one of those things thats they say isnt 100% legal that you have to have it to use ladders, and if they ask for it then you have to provide it, but its one of those things that they would look at to try and get out of paying out of the insurance etc because you are using equipment that you are not trained to use, ladders are not checked to make sure they are safe to use,

it the same for the water fed pole to, if you droped that on someone they will look at to see if you have all the warning signs in place and training for that too etc.

Do I what?

Keep ladder log?

Yes I do, all my ladders have a log to them and each ladder has a ladder inspection tags with the log on that so anyone can see it, oh and im trained to use them too with the certificate proof too! (still waiting for it to turn up with all the other certificates)

All that cover and i only use a ladder 1-2 times a month, mainly only once a month

Back