Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Method Statement (Inc Freezing Conditions In Winter)

hmmm.... Interesting but surely if you don't mention using wfp in cold weather and actions like putting salt down to reduce the risk of water turning to ice you will be leaving yourself wide open to being found liable in court like one member on this forum has already found out?

The problem is to get the rating number down to a safe number, u would have to stop using wfp,

hmmm.... Interesting but surely if you don't mention using wfp in cold weather and actions like putting salt down to reduce the risk of water turning to ice you will be leaving yourself wide open to being found liable in court like one member on this forum has already found out?
if you put salt down you are admitting that what you are doing is unsafe, dont put enough salt down and it wont keep it from freezing, then people would just think it is 100% safe as you said you have gritted it, then they slip over on it becasue you said it was safe, opening you to the chance of being taken to court if anything has happend to them!

you cant put salt down on public walkways without the highway agencies permission not even the coucils can lay grit without getting the permission from them and they have to say how much they use per metre square.

one other way is to control the water a lot more and try not to leave the water running non stop, this will cause less water to hit the ground and cause puddles,

the way i clean windows is, walk to 1st window, wet window, turn off water, scrub, maybe add a little more water, then after cleaning it then rince off, turn off water till i get to next window then do the same again.

I would like to see your statement in black and white please from maybe someone like a barister as this is obviously a grey area that needs clarifying once on for all but I not prepared to take legal council myself to find out.

I would like to see your statement in black and white please from maybe someone like a barister as this is obviously a grey area that needs clarifying once on for all but I not prepared to take legal council myself to find out.
pm me your email and i'll send you a copy of my base method statement and risk assesment.

it is only the basic starting one, then i add to it as and when i need to for diffrent jobs

Back