Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tax Return?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulio

Hi guys, quick question. I became self employed at the start of this financial year (April). When will I need to do my first tax return? I was under the impression it was next year is that right? As I haven't had a letter from the tax office as yet.

yeh next year mate

for the time being just keep receipts and everything else /emoticons/smile.png

and ull be fine mate

I have a page a day diary I keep day to day records of income/expenses, also have an excel spreadsheet i put the same info into everyday. Probably don't need to do both but I feel easier that way. Also got all my receipts etc in date order.

Will be getting an accountant in the new year, just wondered if I was correct in my thinking about when the tax return is due.

You will prob get a tax return in April of which you have to send back by oct 31st & pay by Jan 31st 2014.
If you do it online it has to be in by January 31st 2014 when you also have to make the payment. You'll need to register though and that takes 7 days so don't leave it too late.

Back