Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sdrah

What Type Of Insurance Policy - Will Cover All My Cleaning Services

Guest sdrah

Hiya - I've been cleaning private houses for about 4 years - I had a DOMESTIC CLEANING insurance policy . Since June i do window cleaning - and i switched / changed my policy to WINDOW CLEANING .

However - i've got in my van almost everything - carpet cleaning machine , pressure washer etc . In other words i clean what i get - Window cleaning , end of tenancy cleaning etc etc

What sort of insurance do i have to get - to cover me for the variety of cleaning work i do ? At the moment i have a link on my webpage to the insurance certificate - and if a customer who require carpet cleaning - will click on it - he gets my WINDOW CLEANING certificate - and it doesnt look good

Shall i go back to DOMESTIC CLEANING ? or I should get more than one policy ? one for windows another one for carpets etc ?

regards sdrah

Guest sdrah
Just ask for a cleaning contractor policy :)

Will i be covered - for every sort of cleaning I do ? carpet / window etc ?

i was quoted 90 quid for 'cleaning contractor'

shall i go for it ?

thx

CNS-southwest

Yes you should be but beat to confirm it with the sales agent and make sure you take note of there name

Gmeister

As H said, Gleaming insurance covers for all types of cleaning. £15 a month and includes £1M public liability too.

Vince Green

Read the small print very very carefully and make sure you know exactly what you are covered for. More importantly know what you are not. Some of these policies are not worth the paper they are written on and are a complete take on.

CNS-southwest

Or.....ask the sales man exactly what you are covered for, FSA regs mean all calls recorded so they will have to deal with it if they told you it's covered for it

TobySampson

I read loads of policy's what getting insurance and hardly any covered me for the window I was working on. 'I thought if I'm gonna brake something what's it likely to be?' Like people have said read the small print...

Belfastcleaning

gleaming insurance or simply business

insurance is a joke whatever you need it for, work, car, phone...

i lost my phone.. think i left it on table in a restuarant...i paid £13.99 a month for loss theft accidental damage.. but i never got a claim as i left my phone at my arZe?? lol..

Squeak and Bubbles

All insurance is a rip off (unless we need to claim) but we do pay extortionate prices here in the UK, especially for vehicles.

Guest sdrah
All insurance is a rip off (unless we need to claim) but we do pay extortionate prices here in the UK' date=' especially for vehicles. [/quote']

well i was surprised- getting last week a 66 a month quote , for my combo van . Thats still a lot may be however i hold a UK license for less than a years so - i think is a fair price .

did a go compare search and it was twice as much . Tried AVIVA direct and - seems a good price

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Gleaming Insurance is the best ive found, they cover you for all you need. £14 a month for £1m

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.