Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill Brush Head Or Normal

Squeak and Bubbles

Wfp guys (don't think there is any gals on here)

How many of you use the sill brush head constantly (cleaning domestic only) or do you use a normal brush head?

For the last year used just a sill. Now got tecbuk which isn't a sill, but bristles go wider than stock and is as effective. Still don't need to alter angle for most over connys either! /emoticons/smile.png

Wfp guys (don't think there is any gals on here)
How many of you use the sill brush head constantly (cleaning domestic only) or do you use a normal brush head?
You shouldn’t need a sill brush for any of your regular work; maintaining windows can be cleaned quickly. Cleaning the glass takes longer than cleaning a sill, so you want to prioritise the brush for the glass.

If you service your customers every 4 weeks, the windows are not going to be that dirty, as for cleaning the window sill as long as the brush stock has a narrow width and with the brush angled correctly to clean the glass you should be able to place the brush bristles on the sill and slide it along without the narrow stock getting in the way. I am talking about Tecbuk brushes with a stock of 40mm with and a 100mm wide bristles splay

Cleaning the sills on my domestic work, I slide the brush along 1-2 times, literally takes a second, and then go to the next window frame. If you have to take longer than this to clean the sill’s, what are you doing that makes it take so long to clean the sill?

Richard

You shouldn’t need a sill brush for any of your regular work; maintaining windows can be cleaned quickly. Cleaning the glass takes longer than cleaning a sill, so you want to prioritise the brush for the glass.
If you service your customers every 4 weeks, the windows are not going to be that dirty, as for cleaning the window sill as long as the brush stock has a narrow width and with the brush angled correctly to clean the glass you should be able to place the brush bristles on the sill and slide it along without the narrow stock getting in the way. I am talking about Tecbuk brushes with a stock of 40mm with and a 100mm wide bristles splay

Cleaning the sills on my domestic work, I slide the brush along 1-2 times, literally takes a second, and then go to the next window frame. If you have to take longer than this to clean the sill’s, what are you doing that makes it take so long to clean the sill?

Richard
That's what I do. When I first started up I used a sill brush, but didn't like it. As long as the brush head is angled correctly you can wash both glass and frame, just like you have said!

gardiner brush i have used

black dual trim cill

white dual trim cill

red flat trim cill

white flat trim cill

black flat trim cill

never really got on with any one of them,

alwasy end up back at dual trim normal brush, as i dont think there is enough bristles in the cills to give a very good clean, compared to dual trim normal

I personally use the extreme brushes.

I am always checking up on sills. As i did have a few complaints last year.

I just spend a bit longer on the sill. But I certainly do not adjust angles for the sill

Or scrub for ages /emoticons/smile.png

It can struggle with bird poo a bit and sometimes snail trails. But other than that fantastic.

We just got some in with the new red wide fan jets. AMAZING!!!

They are 100% a rinse on the glass brush. The weight is amazing. Not too light

am not too kean on the new fan jets, prefer the old blue ones, but am not sure weather its the brush i dont like what brush is it you use

I use the super lite extreme standard.

Tried the others in the extreme range and just don't like them.

I have been pencil since I started WFP. But these fans save a lot of water. I am mainly trolley. So it's a big plus water saving.

It can struggle with bird poo a bit and sometimes snail trails. But other than that fantastic. We just got some in with the new red wide fan jets. AMAZING!!! They are 100% a rinse on the glass brush. The weight is amazing. Not too light
Damo, when you want to try something different, try my brushes with the Boars hair in the centre the ‘Hybrid Brush’ compared to the extreme brush it has about 4 times the cleaning bristles and will remove anything you come across on the window for maintenance cleans in seconds. You won’t have a problem with cleaning the sills either, as for the final rinse it still can be reduced with this brush, the cleaning time should be approached with reduced cleaning time in mind.

If you really want to work faster, and save water on the final rinse use the 100% polyester filament brushes. Final rinse is reduced by up to 70% on maintenance cleans.

Richard

It all sounds fantastic. But how much does the brush weigh?

I suffer with a bad back (fell of a roof)

So I use extreme poles and brushes as I have to. /emoticons/sad.png

Sorry to hear that Damo,

my brush head attachment weighs about 20grams more than Gardiner’s, and the brush scraper weighs about 5grams. You could use the extreme brush socket on my brushes that would save you about 25grams, you would have to drill a 3rd hole in the socket to attach it to my brushes. If you use the push on Y piece instead of the quick release Y that would save another 8grams. The brush itself would be about 80grams more in weight, I can sort out a brush with the least weight but you would/should spend less time cleaning, spending more time having to hold an extended pole with pole hose and water while you are working is nothing compared the few grams of extra weight any brush will have.

I am very quick with wfp using my brushes, you would have to approach you work the same way. Turn your water flow up and your back won’t have the time to ache, before you’re onto the next window. I have tested the extreme brushes and they do require more brush strokes and take longer to clean the window, extreme brushes only have about 9,600 bristles and have gaps where the brush cleans; compared to the Hybrid brushes 50,000 plus bristles, the extreme brush is very slow in use.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back