Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water / Soap Mixture

entytwiss

I am currently using fairy liquid and tap water to clean

What is the recommended mixture ie how much fairy to water mix

When I put the soaper on the glass and then squeegee off there's always quite a lot of water on the silks to clean and dry !

Time consuming !

Any advise please

i would recommend using ecover washing up liquid..

whenever i take a dip, i shake the mop once or twice, then run the back of my squegee blade down either side to remove excess water.. this will cut down on the amount of water your putting onto the glass...

i do same as belfast shake mop a couple of times and run my hand over mop, what fairy liquid are u using cause i use the lemon as its got less additives in it and it leaves the glass less soapy, i normally give a quick squirt to quarter bucket of water mate, hope this helps

I use ecover with a tiny splash of vinegar. You literally need a tiny squit and tiny splash.

I dip and then press it up against the inside of the bucket to get excess water and then flick it just before applying /emoticons/smile.png

only standard fairy will work, any other flavoured/scented fairy just causes the blade to stick. i use either fairy or ecover, dont find too much difference tbh.

also i wouldnt use my squeegee blade to remove the excess water from the mop as someone suggested, use your hand to remove most of the water on the mop

only standard fairy will work, any other flavoured/scented fairy just causes the blade to stick. i use either fairy or ecover, dont find too much difference tbh.also i wouldnt use my squeegee blade to remove the excess water from the mop as someone suggested, use your hand to remove most of the water on the mop
Ive never had that problem with the other fairy's.

I put fairy right on the applicator, the rub it in. Then dip in the water. Theres less water that way, you just need to experiment with it to find out how much you need on it.

If you ever run out of water at a house you can just run it under there tap if there's on there without getting those spot marks which occurs when theres not enough soap.

maybe its just me, every time iv used say lemon or apple fairy i have trouble with the blade changing direction, leaving little marks, dont have it at all with original fairy

only standard fairy will work, any other flavoured/scented fairy just causes the blade to stick. i use either fairy or ecover, dont find too much difference tbh.

also i wouldnt use my squeegee blade to remove the excess water from the mop as someone suggested, use your hand to remove most of the water on the mop
Why soak your hands? Then have to dry them?

As I said use the back of the blade, not the rubber...

yeah ive always found lemon fairy better than the standard, leaves no streaks as isnt added with other stuff like original and other scented fairys, but like i said dont need a great deal to your water mix

yeah ive always found lemon fairy better than the standard' date=' leaves no streaks as isnt added with other stuff like original and other scented fairys, but like i said dont need a great deal to your water mix[/quote']lol, thats the opposite to what i said....each to their own i guess

The best advice I can give the OP is try all the different ways people have mentioned and see what works best for you, everyone is slightly different /emoticons/smile.png

Just make sure you try each method on a different window lol not one that's already clean /emoticons/smile.png

Ecover little dash in a 5 litre bottle of hot water ready to pour in the bucket when I'm at the first job .

Then just re wet my applicator with my loaded up 1 litre ecover bottle that I carry in my pouch .

If you have no access to pure water. Use rainwater instead of tap water.

Basically avoid tap water if you can.

If you have no access to pure water. Use rainwater instead of tap water. Basically avoid tap water if you can.
I thought pure water was a good idea, but after dipping, dirt on the mop etc.. It wouldn't make much of a difference

Yeah you are right. Most of my cleaning is done via a spray bottle. As the only trad I do is two houses and 4 pubs.

So I don't really use a b.o.a.b

That's why it's good for me.

Pure water wand Ecover in the right mix is unbeatable.

Yeah you are right. Most of my cleaning is done via a spray bottle. As the only trad I do is two houses and 4 pubs. So I don't really use a b.o.a.b That's why it's good for me. Pure water wand Ecover in the right mix is unbeatable.
Could you explain why? Ill assume you think it does a better job? I cant see how. It like saying Trad is better than WFP or vice vice versa
Why add anything to pure water? It does the job without adding anything in.

You can't blade just pure water. It's screeches across the glass.

Ecover is for "slip" nothing else.

Back