Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

My Wheelie Bin Van

Donny

Thought youse might like tae see my van setup for wheelie bins cleaning,

Electric start Honda 13hp pressure washer with a gearbox driven WS202 Interpump mated to a Hotbox too heat the water, the tank is the lower part below were you can see the bin sitting and holds 400litres, the water goes through 5 filters and recirculates so use same water all day, the powerwasher sits in the side door behind the bin cleaning unit and the exhaust runs through the floor , i can start it from the back of the van , simple and efficient, 7 years on go now and havenae opened the pump or the washer up ever, i change oil in pump every month and engine every six, its mounted in my Nissan Primastar[ATTACH]1319.IPB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1320.IPB[/ATTACH]

5915c9cf428f4_xmas2012028800x600.jpg.a9e7b500d2b7ddb5a74ddcefb9254bdf.jpg

5915c9cf48c64_xmas2012031800x600.jpg.2e3201cc44965a069865c3aa9b7bfb4e.jpg

I like the idea your re using water, when I read it I thought how is that possible then saw the pictures! (My mind needs pics lol not good at picturing stuff in my head)

Most bin cleaners do that in the street yeah??

Cause I heard councels dont like the dirty water/chemicals going down there drains? (is this a old wifes tales not sure if its true)??

You are not allowed to clean wheelie bins commercially if you dump water on the street hence it has to be contained, i do all mine on the street , this was a pic of me at my own house, i have a waste water discharge consent and have to dump the used water at a certain manhole as it connects with main sewer works, only chemical i use is stuff called ax20 which is a degreaser which i spray bins with before cleaning if they real dirty, i have licence to use this as well

i charge £3 per domestic bin, and £10 or £15 for the larger commercials ( these get done outside the van but i have a tray to catch the used water,3 filters are washable and two get chucked every day, they cost about £100 a year for the ones i chuck

i do on average 900 bins per month mostly domestic bins

use about £20 of petrol a week. £50 tpp £70 of diesel, £10 worth of ax20, its a well profitable line of work , normal is 3.5k per month sometimes less sometimes more and only thing that stops play is real heavy snow, i have 1 employee as i also do powerwashing and soon window cleaning :)

Nice set up mate. I have seen a few near us. One chap puts the bin at the back of his van, it lifts up and dunks it, that's it. Must have cast a fortune. Can you not get council contracts?

Yes but once the bin men have been to empty ur bin, they don't washout the bin after. You could send letters to schools asking them if they want there bins washing out every 4-8 weeks.

I have contracts with 5 schools to clean there 1100 litre bins every school holiday ( 4 times a year) i also have council contract for there council owned care homes for there bins on a monthly basis, i have a few local hotels and restaurants as well as a couple of garages and shops .

• Like 1
Yes but once the bin men have been to empty ur bin' date=' they don't washout the bin after. You could send letters to schools asking them if they want there bins washing out every 4-8 weeks. [/quote']I sent about 180no to schools in notts not one reply, it was the commercial market i was after its hard going pubs you have to go through head office. So Thunderbis is for sale at the moment.......
  • Like 1
Wish i could get that price only able to get £1.50 ' date=' this is my Vehicle lifts commercial bins too[/quote']looks a good setup and all, i couldnt make enough money at £1.50 i dont think, i aint put my prices up in years mind you
Thought you started window cleaning mate or is that under another name?
i started unofficially last month doing some off my bin customers that expressed an interest, i have flyers and ads starting 7th January to get the window cleaning rounds established
Thought you started window cleaning mate or is that under another name?
Yes started window cleaning alot better i think lol, well i hope, washing a fair few bin customers windows,will bring in more income already from washing windows,

Never done any thing like this at all

i started unofficially last month doing some off my bin customers that expressed an interest' date=' i have flyers and ads starting 7th January to get the window cleaning rounds established[/quote']Where you advertising mate? I have 10k leaflets to post in jan
that sounds like a really good business wish you luck with the window cleaning :)

how much did it cost to get the water discharge license?

Not a penny mate, dunno about England, up here we have SEPA and didnt charge me ought, i have tp pay the water board £60 a year too discharge

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.