Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost A Big Pub Job

harunh

I was half way thru cleaning and a nan cones out saying are u insured? I go ye he goes ur not on our system i go the manager etc he goes its under new management u need to speak to so n so he goes u may aswell stop mate cos we havent got u on our system, imhe goes u need to arrange a meeting mate am jus leting u kno i go ill pack up then and thats it 60 kwid lost /emoticons/sad.png lol

I would of still charged them if its a big pub its probally owned by a brewery and will have already agreed with the last manager that they will allow a budget for a regular window cleaner you need to ask him who to contact and what information they require from you some of the companys ive dealt with in the past send out forms you have to fill out to become an approved contractor

UPDATE : I rang her mate and she goes i need your insurance i go ill bring it iwthin 30 mins... she toke all my details down and she goes to me right u can carry on wen ever u like now /emoticons/smile.png i go to her i cleaned it today and i never knew /emoticons/sad.png she was like am sorry but its important ... i go to her i know it is .... i do it to eveery job i get /emoticons/smile.png i got talking to her and i said to her most people dont care about risk assesments insurance etc... but its important and i always do it regardless and i said to her i clean a big building in my town /emoticons/smile.png and they didnt know what a risk assesment was but i had to do it for a pre caution i said lol /emoticons/tongue.png when i lied to her about the big building she looked pretty pleased /emoticons/smile.png lmaoo

youll be getting a call of ure insurance company soon saying they've put a claim in against you lol

be readyfor any cracked windows, you will have to point any repairs needing doing now before you clean them. so she knows you have not done it.

i dont know what you mean , trade some work. as ive said im looking for some more rounds to add on. im quite happy with my customers, if you want to offload some work PM me with area and details and i will give you a fair price.

mr H, do you use an 11 inch DI vessel, if so roughly what amount of pure water do you make out of 1 batch of resin in it before changing, with your water from tap at around 110 tds reading.

UPDATE : I rang her mate and she goes i need your insurance i go ill bring it iwthin 30 mins... she toke all my details down and she goes to me right u can carry on wen ever u like now /emoticons/smile.png i go to her i cleaned it today and i never knew /emoticons/sad.png she was like am sorry but its important ... i go to her i know it is .... i do it to eveery job i get /emoticons/smile.png i got talking to her and i said to her most people dont care about risk assesments insurance etc... but its important and i always do it regardless and i said to her i clean a big building in my town /emoticons/smile.png and they didnt know what a risk assesment was but i had to do it for a pre caution i said lol /emoticons/tongue.png when i lied to her about the big building she looked pretty pleased /emoticons/smile.png lmaoo
Don't lie.

i dont know what you mean , trade some work. as ive said im looking for some more rounds to add on. im quite happy with my customers, if you want to offload some work PM me with area and details and i will give you a fair price.mr H, do you use an 11 inch DI vessel, if so roughly what amount of pure water do you make out of 1 batch of resin in it before changing, with your water from tap at around 110 tds reading.
Okay mate ill let u know

And ye i use an 11 ltr di vessel mate...

My water is sometimes 106ppm and the next minute its 118 or something ppm /emoticons/wacko.png but mainly its 106pm 1/4 times its 118 or 116 or something /emoticons/smile.png

I can fill it up to max 2 times.... but the 3rd time it can only go half way and thats it ..... I once filled up to half way and their wasnt enough resin in the di vessel to actually purify the water. Lol its a lesson learnt from me /emoticons/tongue.png i never knew really though so ya no /emoticons/tongue.png

And i couldnt actually tell u how much i water i need... but it earns me aroudn 5 weeks work /emoticons/smile.png and that is worth like £14.00 quid /emoticons/smile.png

so think of it that way

Back