Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 Weeks Door Knocking...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

Afternoon all,

I've got 2 solid weeks of door knocking starting on the Feb 1st to give me a nice boost of new customers for the new year and I'm setting myself a target of 30.

Realistic or would you go for more?

If you hit a good area expect to get more then double that!

If its **** you may get less.

Canvassing even half a street/area you will get to know quickly what people want, either the area is full of windies, and you may get one or two houses(or people arnt bothered about window cleaning.

Or

People are in need of their windows cleaned and you will pick up or good round.

Are you going for Trad & Ladders or WFP?

Its not the best time of the year but bank on anyway, leave a leaflet at every house where you get no reply and make a note of the houses where you left one so you know to go back. You can't fail, if you knock on enough doors its impossible not to suceed.

If you hit a good area expect to get more then double that!
If its **** you may get less.

Canvassing even half a street/area you will get to know quickly what people want, either the area is full of windies, and you may get one or two houses(or people arnt bothered about window cleaning.

Or

People are in need of their windows cleaned and you will pick up or good round.

Are you going for Trad & Ladders or WFP?
WFP, I don't offer Tradional cleaning! There isn't actually that many windies around here and I know a good few of them and on good terms. There are a few areas that I don't know about that I'm going for as there are loads of b&b's that I wanna target

Set a goal for 100 new customers dude.
100 would be nice! I wanna be realistic here though and I'm not interested in doing anything below £10, something I've said to myself since I started

Luffy 100 is a good start, I would maybe look at choosing you area you wana target, leaflet the first week, knock the second week. Also pop a few posters up in the corner shop windows in tht area too, this way your already putting the thought in their head before knocking /emoticons/smile.png

Good idea about the shop mate nice one! Problem I have with leafleting is that I haven't had a great experience with it, I did it for 9 hours and got nothing!

The idea with leafleting, is you go back and chase a few days later....it seems to work for some but not others.

But my theory was, they see the leaflet and then you knock a few days later and it kinda clicks in there head that they know you without knowing you if that makes sense

Good idea about the shop mate nice one! Problem I have with leafleting is that I haven't had a great experience with it' date=' I did it for 9 hours and got nothing![/quote']wow give it time i have had a call today from someone i posted 6 weeks ago about bin cleaning, going tomorrow to qoute for windows.

I personally prefer canvassing, over dropping leaflets, although I have used the latter on occasions. You may be surprised to learn that I had a phone call from a lady who I had given a leaflet to more than a year earlier. She is now a customer.

John

The thing with leaflets is size, you give them an a5 or bigger peice and they will throw it in recycling, give them one about 1/4 of a4 and they pin it to their fridge or boiler or where every they keep the useful bits o info and the. Call you when they need you, that's what I do, don't keep the bigger ones like pizza ones as there too bulky and take too much room on my fridge lol

I puck up one today that I flyered about 12 weeks back .

I also puck up one that I flyered tuesday im going to get my helper to go knocking for me next week

Take him under my wing and teach him to canvass .

The thing with leaflets is size' date=' you give them an a5 or bigger peice and they will throw it in recycling, give them one about 1/4 of a4 and they pin it to their fridge or boiler or where every they keep the useful bits o info and the. Call you when they need you, that's what I do, don't keep the bigger ones like pizza ones as there too bulky and take too much room on my fridge lol[/quote']Yep A6 is the best size post card size 360g card

The thing with leaflets is size, you give them an a5 or bigger peice and they will throw it in recycling, give them one about 1/4 of a4 and they pin it to their fridge or boiler or where every they keep the useful bits o info and the. Call you when they need you, that's what I do, don't keep the bigger ones like pizza ones as there too bulky and take too much room on my fridge lolYep A6 is the best size post card size 360g card
That's the size on going for, I think business cards are too small and get lost easily

Back