Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

When is the best time of year for a price increase

Guest colinvansmith

Guest colinvansmith

I put my prices up this year in January some by 50p some by £1 however a few customers cancelled on me. When do you guys think is the best time to increase prices i was thinking possibly in the spring time as most people are fairly skint in January/February after chrimbo etc.

I put a few up a couple of months ago that where due a price increase, I prob wouldn't do it just before Christmas, but over the summer is prob a good time, if there is a better time to do it.

I generally only ever increase prices by 50p a year though. I don't increase every job either, just low priced ones or jobs that I feel are a little under priced.

Guest badbusdriver

In this economic climate, we need to think very carefully about such things!, but personally i would say spring through to autumn. That way, post-xmas money worries should have past, and pre-xmas worries havnt started yet!.

• 1 month later...

Work your prices all the time – throughout the entire year and every year until you reach your limits of your service and what your customer’s accepts.

Basically you don’t stop with prices - until you have what you want or have what you have set out to achieve

Use your own discretion with the timing when you tell your customers.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.