Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do/would You Clean A Neighbours Windows?

Tuffers

Two of my neighbours have asked me to clean their windows. I don't feel that comfortable about it tbh. Ok I'll be getting 20 notes, but I feel it's bit low working for people you know. What if I don't do a top class job every time or more neighbours ask and I'm working for loads of neighbours? What do you fellas think?

Know where your coming from with neighbours just got to treat as any other customer as its a living your trying to make

Personally would take the jobs on as will keep you on the ball ps nice bike

I do each house either side of me, 31 all together in my street, most have know me all my life.. Usually takes ages to do them as everyone wants to talk!!

Definitely take them.. Good to keep your work close to base!

Have you not heard of the saying?

Don't sh*t on your own door step?

I wouldn't, unless it was a one off clean every nown again...

i have a lot of neighbours that just get their fronts done and ive no problem with doing them as i priced them right from the start ,i wouldnt reduce the price otherwise they wouldnt be worth doing.but as said it keeps you on your toes because if i do a bad job on one house then the word will spread fast and i could loose a lot

I would & do. Work is work & if you think your gonna do a **** job you shouldn't be window cleaning. Plus always guaranteed a cuppa lol

I do like my cuppa when offered usualy served with cake but sometimes with bacon butties too. /emoticons/wink.png

One large job the owners were away but the old boy next door made me a full english breakfast and keeped me in tea all day long. /emoticons/biggrin.png

i clean a few of my neighbours windows tbf, i do about 6 of them at £15 each, i normally slip them in with a pub i do round the corner from me for £20, its usually on a sat morn when i aint got nothing on (about every 4 weeks) so its £110 for about 3 and a half hours work so its quite nice to have really and my van dont even need to leave the drive

I did my next door neighbours get on with him quite well cleaned his windows twice and struggled to get the money out of him I finally got the money then I dropped him still say hi to him now and then but don't talk as much but on the other hand I do a few now round my street that another windy gave me and they've been ok but I dint really know any of them so it wouldn't be to bad if anything happened

Have you not heard of the saying?
Don't sh*t on your own door step?

I wouldn't, unless it was a one off clean every nown again...
It's only window cleaning and if you have confidence in yourself why not , every penny counts .

It would get aekward if they dont pay even after a couple months.

Bad enough when friends dont pay up for some reason other and wonder why I stopped cleaning there windows.

i dont do any work on the door step only because i was gave a quote to someone about a job and they never replied to me and now see them they dont even talk lol.

i turn it down now.i dont like half my neighbours and dont speak to em anyway ha

I used to clean quite a few neighbours' windows when I lived in England. They all paid up no problem, but I did drop my next door neighbour due to us having issues over his smoking Class B drugs outside my front door, then smell of which permeated inside my house.

I am in Ireland now, and would have no problems doing my neighbours' windows if asked. I canvassed them unsuccessfully when I first moved in.

John

im glad i dont do any on my street. i can always stop and chat knowing nobody owes me anything,i like it that way too

id put a stop to anybody smoking drugs on my street

i wld rather hav the work close to home so yur not running about everywer,but the rule is, if yu dont like the look off them dont take them on cause yu hav to much, simple......

yu wont go far wrong wth tht rule but somtimes yu get a bad costumer beside a cracker, brassneck it:

and tell them the score,it doesnt hurt being bought down to earth now and again.... keep up the good work tho.....

Back