Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leafletting

harunh

I was thinking of getting someone to work with me shotting flyers out....

He can start on 1 side and ill start on the other side .... this way i can get at least 1,000 flyers out per week /emoticons/smile.png

what do you all think

Do it yourself you lazy person. The thing with leaflets is to be persistant, keep banging them out week after week after week. If you get somebody else to do it you have to pay them and frankly its not worth the cost. When you do them yourself you will skip houses you don't like the look of etc.

i want a few thousand goign out per week but 1000 MINIMUM

and yeah i was planning on getting a 15 year old with me pay them 20 quid or something their happy and am happy /emoticons/smile.png

Ask your local paper boy to take some round with him. When he puts a newspaper through the door, he slips a leaflet too. Almost no work for him so you could pay him less!!

My first leaflet (i still have 9000 out of 10000) was a disaster. It looked rubbish, and was terrible.

Out of a 1000 leaflets we picked up 3 customers. I was thinking to myself the other day we still clean those customers. £8, £13.50 and £10 = £31.50. I would say each customer has been cleaned at least 20 times each.

I can now happily bin those leaflets lol!

ive been banging flyers out for the last 4 days and had nothing,not one call all different areas each day.

im starting to lose faith with window cleaning theres too many windys in leeds far too many.

over the last 6 months ive put out 1000s of flyers/cards and picked up only 4-5 new jobs.waste of time and money.im going to start selling plants at the car boot instead lol

To be fair we are in recession though. I really wouldn't bother with leaflets now just after xmas, I would say that is suicide.

I would try dropping leaflets around march - may. Then sept - nov. If you are going to drop leaflets now, drop em for gutter clearing and cleaning.....

But i go back to recession comment. I guarantee somebody looks at your leaflet and says " I wish i could afford a window cleaner, but i cant"

My first leaflet (i still have 9000 out of 10000) was a disaster. It looked rubbish, and was terrible.
Out of a 1000 leaflets we picked up 3 customers. I was thinking to myself the other day we still clean those customers. £8, £13.50 and £10 = £31.50. I would say each customer has been cleaned at least 20 times each.

I can now happily bin those leaflets lol!
Lol same, I had 5k leaflets(I think) was a nightmare trying to get rid of them with details on em.

I was trying to burn them in a garden incinerator, but didn't work properly as not just normal paper, (Shinny Paper) also put them in a shredder, but it would burn out after like 30 minutes! of constent shredding so took ages to do this.

Finally got rid!

I want to post them all through one idiot who works near me. He gives window cleaners a bad name. Can you imagine that, he cant open the door for 9000 leaflets HAHAHA

I want to post them all through one idiot who works near me. He gives window cleaners a bad name. Can you imagine that' date=' he cant open the door for 9000 leaflets HAHAHA[/quote']Make sure you post em 1 by 1 lol

To be fair we are in recession though. I really wouldn't bother with leaflets now just after xmas, I would say that is suicide.
I would try dropping leaflets around march - may. Then sept - nov. If you are going to drop leaflets now, drop em for gutter clearing and cleaning.....

But i go back to recession comment. I guarantee somebody looks at your leaflet and says " I wish i could afford a window cleaner, but i cant"
good points but i still think the tv is what is scaring people into thinking theres no money about i think this recession thing is a load of tosh you still see people in brand new cars and out shopping all the time then they complain they cant afford £6 a month for a windy its a vicious circle.

1000 a week H' date=' ya can do that yourself in less than a couple of hours a day.[/quote']In my old mans taxi company 3 boys put out 25000 per day 1000 in a week is a pointless

ive never had much luck with flyers,so im gonna try an add in the local paper and see what it generates on a weekly basis

Cowards way!!! If your at the door might as well knock first then if no one answers put a flyer through the leaterbox as a last restort. /emoticons/biggrin.png

That way you will meet alot more ppl and pick up more work by talking face to face than you ever will by just leaflet dropping /emoticons/wink.png

Back