Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Looking at going into this properly this year. As the boom of solar panels was last year and the year before. So cleaning them is going to get very popular I think.

Does anybody clean them.

I am a little worried about the following;

Electrocution (yes I am serious)

Damage! Scratches! Ruining them!

So any professionals on here who know about em. Or at least at companies who have cleaned them?

Poles are not an issue as we have poles that reach close to 100ft

Brushes I will be using a soft bristle with maybe like 6 or 8 jets to really cover the area

So any advice.......

Thanks.

yer we clean them! very easy really. spend more time travling to the job than doing the job at times!
But what about damage, scratches etc.... What brush do you use?

Have to be careful really, carefully low brush on to it, try not to get pole rubbing onto glass or edges.

Just like cleaning a conservatory roof, it's reinforced glass.

Use this brush, top one,

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Unger-Solar-brushes.html

Plenty of soft bristles to hold up to the job, cleans quick and easy, little heavy compared to others but this help as you can push down to get good scrub that we'll,

Others use this one:-

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-super-lite-brush-dual-trim-flocked-standard-splay.html

Lot lighter, less bristles so needs a little more work to clean with.

We clean them too. I have had no problems with scratches. Nice soft brush and away you go. Very good money and doesn't take long to clean them too.

What about prices, you can send me a message if you prefer. Just after an idea really....

What about prices' date=' you can send me a message if you prefer. Just after an idea really....[/quote']Its variable. Most of mine are a 16 panel system and I charge £30. Then £3 per panel over that.

So what about risk of electric shock rc ? :rolleyes:
Yes there is a chance of being shocked, just got to be careful and hope none are defective! There's no way of turning them off so they are always producing power, unless it's dark.

Well you got LED lights in your van so can't see why not sticking a few on your pole would hold you back /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back