Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loosing Customers To Wfp Guys

Doo

Just noticed a lot of wfp guys since I've went full time and cleaning through the week , it made me wonder if I might loose punters too these guys , mind you I've not had any cancel on me yet and I have picked up quite a few from wfp guys

And I've taken a few jobs off of wfp guys, if they're good enough at their job they won't lose work and neither will you mate so don't worry.

Hey watch the bit of both I'm hetro all the way..

Seriously though mostly trad and say 10% wfp now but using it more bit by bit.
Hetro? what about the tights lol

Seriously though keep toying with the idea of getting a backpack but keep chaging my mind all the time

Hetro? what about the tights lolSeriously though keep toying with the idea of getting a backpack but keep chaging my mind all the time
Even my pressure pump made life a little easier at times mate, getting to windows I couldn't do trad and theres a lot of those these days. I'd definitely advise biting the bullet and getting one mate. Got one myself now but not taken it out yet cos still on hols /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nope not lost any to wfp, but have hada fair few come to me after having wfp and not liking it
Yeah ive had a few come to me after not liking wfp, think i might just bite the bullet and get a backpack, u trad then mate?

Even my pressure pump made life a little easier at times mate, getting to windows I couldn't do trad and theres a lot of those these days. I'd definitely advise biting the bullet and getting one mate. Got one myself now but not taken it out yet cos still on hols /emoticons/biggrin.png
Think i might get one for tricky houses and difficult to get to windows, i do like doing the job trad tho but i,ll give it a bash i think :)

Nope not lost any to wfp' date=' but have hada fair few come to me after having wfp and not liking it[/quote']I have had that too!
But I noticed you do a bit of WFP??

How do you get about doing those windows you cant do trad on a house that used to be wfp, n(over a conny roof) I thought about cleaning them with my new wfp trolly, but I think they wouldnt like that better just to leave the window to get dirty lol

Gmeister - i do some wfp but am mainly trad, i just seem to have more vids on wfp haha!! If i have a client come over thats had wfp and didnt like it but the still have a awkward window then i'll just explain that i can trad all except the hard to reach windows, so far theyve all been ok, i just say would like rather i fell through the conservatory roof, make them laugh a bit!!

I dont think many people mind the odd window being done, especially when they know access is dangerous

Yeah ive had a few come to me after not liking wfp, think i might just bite the bullet and get a backpack, u trad then mate?
Yeah i mainly trad, much prefer it tbh, just use wfp for tricky or high windows etc, or if the customer doesnt mind whichbthey have and its a huge house then ill use wfp mate

Wfp has gained me a few, mainly the not breaking tiles angle, but have definately lost more to trad guys since going wfp. I suspect it'll be that way for a few years yet, perhaps commercial trad is more likely to lose out to wfp than domestic

I think Iv only gained 1 customer being wfp as the last guy kept breaking tiles on their porch roof.. Have also only lost 1 changing to wfp, old boy just hadn't a clue lol.. But he was replaced that same day!!

i wouldn't worry mate, deep down on residential work i think everybody prefers trad. but also i have noticed the days i dont use wfp ALOT of them ask where the fancy machine is. 2012 though with all the rain i used wfp more and more and i'd say 98% of them are on board the others prefer trad but i do swap from one to the other regularly i think its my way of de-sensitising them to wfp. i deffo will go more and more towards wfp if you can afford a system it is deffo worth it even just for rainy days or really windy days but more for pvc mine paid for itself in 3 months by doing connys and fascias, gutters etc even a motor home lol

There are a lot of houses I wouldn't or couldn't do trad but I do easily with WFP. Like the windows over a conservatory for example. Dormers, Velux etc all become possible. Three story townhouses etc

To be honest I have had loads of customers come to me who don't like WFP claiming it leaves streaks and window sills are not left dry.Having asked about this but this may not be true been told that wfp leaves streaks if they just get lazy and use plain old tap water and not the purified water.

To be honest I think people like to see a trad cleaner as they seem to take more care.And I for one cant see how a wfp can get a good old hard grained bird poo stuck on a window off as good as a trad cleaner can that's up close and personal to it and able to give it the good old elbow grease and scraper ( customers aint fools,well some are but most aint lol )

Like a previous person said just do a good job and rest will take care of itself I think.

Also WFP.........How the hell does it save time reeling the bloody hose out and back in constantly and then theres always risk of flattening Aunty Dots prize Rose in front garden ouccccccch. with dragging the hose round back.

To me there only good for blocks of flats and offices..........domestic use I just don't get it but maybe im wrong.

To be honest I have had loads of customers come to me who don't like WFP claiming it leaves streaks and window sills are not left dry.Having asked about this but this may not be true been told that wfp leaves streaks if they just get lazy and use plain old tap water and not the purified water.

To be honest I think people like to see a trad cleaner as they seem to take more care.And I for one cant see how a wfp can get a good old hard grained bird poo stuck on a window off as good as a trad cleaner can that's up close and personal to it and able to give it the good old elbow grease and scraper ( customers aint fools,well some are but most aint lol )

Like a previous person said just do a good job and rest will take care of itself I think.

Also WFP.........How the hell does it save time reeling the bloody hose out and back in constantly and then theres always risk of flattening Aunty Dots prize Rose in front garden ouccccccch. with dragging the hose round back.

To me there only good for blocks of flats and offices..........domestic use I just don't get it but maybe im wrong.
Thats what a few of my customers said when i said i might go wfp but still contemplating getting one for 2nd storey and difficult windows but must admit i do like doin the job trad

Back