Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Best Way To Start

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

a1group

Hi thanks for all the advise on my last topic. I think I am going to start gutter cleaning on my days off what is the best way to get started should I have a load of flyers done or just cold call

Cheers

Also advertise your services on the net. /emoticons/wink.png

Do you have a website?

I find if you do one down a street then go knock on the others and ask them it works really when when you've done a full gutter fascia and soffit clean I just say ive just done your neighbours (pointing towards the neighbours gutters) and would you like yours doing for X amount once they've seen how it can look they usually want theres doing

Or not /emoticons/biggrin.png

But you have lost nothing by simply asking /emoticons/wink.png

I find if you do one down a street then go knock on the others and ask them it works really when when you've done a full gutter fascia and soffit clean I just say ive just done your neighbours (pointing towards the neighbours gutters) and would you like yours doing for X amount once they've seen how it can look they usually want theres doing

What does annoy me is when I'm busy then some numpty come up to me to say "how much do you charge" normally when they see me put the guttervac pole into the guttering. The amount of times this has happened is now bodies business. You will get some just being nosy to see how much mrs smith is paying you. Others just want a chat as they are bonkers and some are actually interested in a quote.

I get most of my gutter jobs from yell.com after they get redirected to my website. Door knocking can be good, especially after you've done one in a road that's full, you'll find others will be full to and some people don't think to look on the Internet for a company to sort them. I usually explain how important it is to have them cleaned and how expensive sorting out the damp issues can be if they're notemptied!!

Yep I pay £100 for the year to be listed throughout Essex, I get about 7 or 8 jobs a month plus people then see the other services I offer, leading to conservatory cleans usually. That £100 was paid off in the first 2 jobs. Definitely works for me /emoticons/smile.png

Do you pay yell to be listed?

I get more enquiries than that from my own website (organic search results) mind you its on the first page for my area under most key word search terms.

Guess £100 per year is worth it if it works for you but maybe you should be getting your website sorted instead.

Website is beingthe taken care of as we speak, but I'm making sure I rank well in my area long term, so getting content etc sorted and decent links to.

And page one of Google is always gonna be better. But still if I hadn't have sorted out my yell advert I'd be getting no calls. It generates £3-400 a month which considering I just do as an extra ain't bad

my yell.com add barely paid for itself last year haven't renewed it this year got a website on page 1 of google but just gonna stick to the good old fashioned way of knocking doors and dropping a few flyers here n there

When ppl get flyers/bussiness card with a website address on if they are interested then most will take a look to find out more about the company before the phone or fill in an online contact form as they don't know you from adam. So a good website should be packed full of info that the potential customer find helpfull including customer recommendations etc so makes it easier to qualify each enquiry. Most ppl will then decide if they contact you or not just by going by how your website looks and the information it provides.

Get that right and you will get a lot more of enquires. Simples

Latest Posts

Back